The intern is responsible for the design, development, and installation of our integrated technology systems and solutions that provide image-based automatic inspection and analysis across a wide range of applications and industries. Responsible for design of automation equipment to ensure stipulated specification and requirements are met and delivered within budget and on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist senior or lead automation design engineers in the development and utilization of processes for machine vision requirement analysis and documentation, design documentation and requirements management.
• Works closely with Project Manager/Engineer to meet project timeline and within budget.
• Reviews, understands, and interprets requirements/specification accurately for integration into design of equipment.
• Ensures design for manufacturability.
• Acts as liaison with internal and/or external Assemblers/manufacturer of equipment to ensure all parts are manufactured to the design.
• Generates design drawings, installation manual, and user manual.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security and safety policies.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Understanding of Cross-development with the concept and issues of developing for a different target environment. This includes cross-development tools (compilers, linkers, debuggers, libraries, etc.) as well as issues of downloading or installing code (C / C++ / C#)
• Understand the concept of Software Configuration Management.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• (Optional) Familiarity in Database, SQL, backend process, and related machine learning libraries.
• (Optional) Familiarity in OpenCV, and related computer vision and machine learning libraries.
• (Optional) Familiarity with parallel programming languages e.g. CUDA and Open CL
• Experienced functional knowledge of mechanical/electronics/electrical/software application engineering.
• (Optional) Experienced functional knowledge of automation equipment assembly and installation.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Majoring or the main research in computer vision, machine vision or image processing.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.