***$5000 Sign-On Bonus***
Working under general supervision and instruction, performs a variety of moderately difficult assignments requiring judgment to resolve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee will read, comprehend and maintain the operating policies and procedures of the Company as well as the requirements specified by FDA, OSHA and other governmental agencies.
- Employee will read and comprehend specifications, blueprints, schematics, operating manuals, instructions, and written procedures.
- Perform repairs and maintenance on molding machines, robots and automation equipment requiring the repair and/or replacement of hydraulic systems, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Observes all health and safety requirements and maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Disconnects and tags all electrical circuits being worked on.
- Monitor and do diagnostics and basic repairs to building systems, water treatment and cooling, electrical and heating.
- Performs routine and emergency mechanical, hydraulic/pneumatic, electrical maintenance.
- Uses mechanical maintenance tools, equipment and machines as required.
- Perform major repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program and a log of historical data.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed based on the requirements of the department.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
- Broad knowledge and troubleshooting capability with various electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment typically gained through extensive experience.
- Use of basic and special purpose hand tools, leveling instruments, and test/calibration equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot all failures that are detectable at the IO level.
- Basic mathematics.
- May require forklift certificate.
- Understanding of electronic color codes and other component value markings.
- Understanding of safety practices requirements.
- Solid knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
- Personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and e-mail).
- Use of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent, 2-year technical degree preferred.
- Read electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- 5 years-minimum experience with machine maintenance, Robot and automation experience a plus; preferably in a Plastics manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices a plus.
- Lift and carry 40 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Will periodically be called upon to exert pressure while using hand tools in an overhead situation.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with a good command of the English language.
- Use of computer, hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, movable stairs, ladder, and safety equipment.
- Able to be on-call as needed.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.