The Senior Financial Analyst of Reporting Planning and Analysis (RP&A) is responsible for analyzing and monitoring current, future, and strategic cost initiatives. Specific activities may include: cost initiatives, forecasting, internal reporting, variance analysis, modeling and other discretionary projects as directed by management. Working as a member of the finance team, this position primarily performs day-to-day finance related activities designed to analyze and monitor the company’s cost initiatives and drive for results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Assist with recruiting, interviewing and appointing globally dispersed RP&A team members.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for RP&A candidates/positions.
· Collaborate with finance, operations, and business development functions.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; suggest improvements to manager.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis and communicate those to manager.
· Validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Understand and establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to bring to the table for management’s review.
· Express pride in work and accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations when prompted by manager professionally and on time.
· Assist individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Provide periodic communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department/function.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions and encourage input from staff and other functions/team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Cost Management and Direction:
· Know and understand the global cost initiatives when communicated.
· Help define, develop and implement cost strategies, which contribute to the global strategic directions.
· Maintain an understanding of business activities, operations and systems, and global footprint.
· Provide regular updates to manager on the execution of cost initiatives through quantitative and qualitative communication.
· Take the lead on various cost related activities including modeling, communicating strategic understanding, and coordinating internal functions.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT CONSIDERATIONS
· Compile financial presentations and support including agendas, materials, timing, and other protocol. The presentations may include quarterly variances, multi-year plans and other materials.
· Advise and provide support and analysis around current business models and help recommend future enhancements for operations and business development activities. Support and analysis may include financial forecast and variance files and other administrative matters.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Collaborate with senior leaders and other members of the Cost PMO and communicate results, modeling activities, and other observations.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Conduct and interpret complex analyses to evaluate alignment with forward-looking strategies.
· Support supervisors with analysis to assist counsel and advise key corrective actions to senior leadership related to forecast performance and/or under/over plan in terms of their potential impact on the goals, objectives, and financial viability of company
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Foster a work standard consistent with management’s philosophies of best-in-class activities.
· Monitor cost minimization strategies for global SG&A and other items.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Director, Senior Manager or Manager of Reporting Planning & Analysis.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP, Controller and TM1.
· Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXAMPLE BEHAVIOR(S)
· PLAN: Able to develop short- and long-term operational plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in achieving goals; Able to anticipate obstacles and define alternate strategies.
· LISTEN: Able to actively listen and convey understanding of the comments and questions of others; Able to understand the situations, viewpoints and feelings of others before expressing own view
· QUESTION: Able to sue effective fact-finding techniques to discover all relevant information; Able to ask questions that are not leading or biased; Able to challenge assumptions.
· COLLABORATE: Able to act as part of a larger team outside of the immediate department or group; Able to understand the importance of working with peers in other areas or management to reach "best practice" solutions for the organization; Able to inform and seek information to anticipate and consider the impact of decisions or actions on the overall organization
· DELIVER EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE: Able to demonstrate sensitivity to customer needs (both internal and external) and proactively address customer needs; Able to make customer satisfaction a high priority
· INFLUENCE: Able to use effective communication and interpersonal skills to convince others to accept ideas or goals (with or without the formal authority of a higher position); Able to gain agreement and commitment from others to support and implement methods or processes
· ACT WITH INTEGRITY: Able to demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles; Able to demonstrate honesty in all actions; Able to admit and correct mistakes promptly; Able to assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions
· BE RESOURCEFUL: Able to be willing to adapt to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change; Able to develop new approaches to work systems or problem-solving; Able to maximize use of available resources to achieve the best results consistent with company objectives; Able to know who to go to and make use of others' expertise
· DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to Jabil’s policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer when deadlines are jeopardized; Able to define high standards for quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards
· BE ANALYTICAL: Able to effectively gather all relevant information; Able to identify key issues; Able to qualitatively and / or quantitatively process data; Able to identify relationships, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision-making
· BE INNOVATIVE / CREATIVE: Able to examine the status quo and consistently look for better ways of doing things; Able to recommend change based on analyzed needs; Able to develop proper solutions and identify opportunities
· DEMONSTRATE SOUND JUDGMENT: Able to make appropriate decisions and has the vision to understand their impact; Able to use factual information to develop logical assumptions; Able to examine alternatives and consider resources, constraints and risks before committing to action
· SOLVE PROBLEMS: Able to apply both rational and creative processes and approaches to identify root causes of problems and solutions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred.
· Five (5) years work-related experience required, preferably in accounting/finance related experience preferred.
· Advance certifications and/or degrees preferred: CPA, CVA, MBA, etc.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
· Travel requirements: Domestic and/or International, up to10 %.
· Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Hands in water
Unusual hearing or vision demands: None specified
^Other physical demands or notes: Employees should not attempt to lift, pull or push a load in excess of 50 lbs. without assistance. Care should always be taken when lifting, pushing or pulling in an awkward position.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.