Responsible for development and implementation of EHS (Environmental, Health, and Safety) policies and programs, including supervision of documentation updates to ensure EHS programs, policies, requirements, analyses, reports and plans that meet applicable EHS standards and laws. Provide advice to related subjects and auditing to guarantee government patterns and company EHS policies are being executed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in the development and implementation of plant specific policies, procedures, and programs to achieve and maintain compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
· Develop and implement adequate EHS programs and systems (including records) in order to maintain and demonstrate regulatory compliance as well as comply with company policies and procedures.
· Prepare and submit reports to document compliance activities.
· Assist in maintaining environmental and health/safety records.
· Identify and develop the working relationships with state and local authorities (i.e., state/local environmental and safety agencies, wastewater authorities, fire departments, etc.) as well as appropriate internal Environmental, Health and Safety contacts.
· Maintain working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and identify all requirements that apply, or may apply, to the facility.
· Develop and implement training programs for all required elements of the EHS Management system.
· Lead the internal and external audit for EHS matters.
· Implement the investigation of accident and incident.
· Track and follow all of CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) activities.
· Drive the EHS team to continuously improve in departmental goals.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Strong knowledge of international, national, local EHS with relevant laws and regulations.
· Strong proficiency in determining EHS requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Ability to coach engineer & technician on EHS instruction preparation.
· Strong financial and analytical ability.
· Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and Safety and Industrial Hygiene, or equivalent preferred.
· Five years experience.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.