Responsible for process integration, functional solution designs, configuration and implementation of global applications and tools. Must be able to perform all duties of the Enterprise Solution Specialist I.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Full understanding of business process requirements with ability to identify process or system gaps and appropriate resolutions.
Have strong functional and/or system configuration knowledge in order to design solutions to fulfill business requirements with related functional and development teams.
Ability to write valid functional specification documents including understanding of table structures, fields and entity relationships.
Ability to mentor ESS I team members.
Effectively drive business system process and integration improvements with business process owners.
Serve as escalation point for troubleshooting issues per OLA and SLA.
Maintain thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience in multiple applications or modules, comprising emerging or job technologies required. This could include formal or self paced professional development.
May perform full configuration of more than one application module. Perform advanced, customized configuration in at least one application module.
Provide functional advice and assistance to other IT teams as necessary.
Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the project / department personnel.
Provide status updates of assigned projects to the project team.
Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
Communicate and provide regular updates to functional manager or supervisor.
Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new configuration, procedures and processes that are considered “best practice”.
Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority.
Confer with reporting manager and team on complex or unusual situations.
Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form
Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
Understand and embrace business and IT strategic direction.
Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Information Systems Manager
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with complex global software system architecture and direct hands on administration experience
- Proven troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Experience with performing complex system integrations, data cleansing and migration, data recovery
- Experience with ITIL Service Management systems, customer service responsibilities and SLA ownership
- Understanding of business processes through hands on business experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from global user community
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in a timely manner
- Ability to plan, execute, and document test in both ad-hoc and medical validation processes
- JSON, Java, Windchill PLM, PTC ThingWorx
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, or 4 to 6 years of equivalent external work experience in the business area from an IT and business perspective.
- Minimum four (2) years experience in:
- Related applications on a large-scale basis of project with proven implementation track record on multiple complex installations and configurations.
- Custom application deployment and business reporting solutions.
- Web services development and associated API’s a plus.
- Experience within global ITIL Service Desk Management.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.