Setup and operate 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC mills or CNC lathes with live tooling and without. Jabil Lewis Engineering is a precision machining facility specializing in aerospace products, turbine engine components, rapid prototyping, and industrial pumps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely perform all tasks
- Operate a variety of CNC Mills or Lathes and other hand and power machines
- Work from blueprints, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of machined components
- Assemble cutting tools
- Observe and listen to machine operation to detect worn or damaged cutting tools
- Manipulate controls/enter commands to set tool offsets and work positions
- Make shop calculations to determine tooling feeds and speeds
- Inspect parts using precision measuring tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, and calipers
- Maintain 6S requirements in work area
- Performs other job functions as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift and load parts into machinery
- Blueprint reading
- Understand G and M codes and/or Mazatrol
- Capable of performing some heavy labor, ability to lift 50-75 lbs
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good working knowledge of hand measuring and inspection tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School/GED or higher education preferred
- 5 years’ experience as a machinist
- Mazak Mill or Intregrex or other multi-axis machining experience preferred
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $16.28 - $23.59 - $30.90. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.