The Welder/Fabricator I will fabricate metal components using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements. Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using GTAW, GTMW, gas, arc, or other welding equipment. Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges, calipers or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· TIG/MIG welding on stainless steel, steel, and other metals. Silver brazing jobs included.
· Compare kit with BOM, 3 view, isometric, or other prints details, report discrepancies to Production Control
· Check all part dimensions compared to print before welding
· Assure best condition of machine, tooling and fixture. Maintain minor repairs and cleaning by the operator, report damages defects and wear to supervisor and maintenance dept
· Weld parts to print and required standards
· Check all welds if possible by sight pipe for penetration, discoloration, contaminants, uniformity, straightness, size, neatness to customer specifications and to insure quality
· Make appropriate time and data entry for all work completion on routing sheet and bar code system.
· Measure completed jobs to meet print specs by using appropriate tools
· Some knowledge of blue print reading
· Adhere to welding codes
· Maintain safe and clean workplace
· Keep area free from contamination
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Some knowledge of blueprint reading
Good math skills, including angles
Satisfactory communication skills (verbal and written)
Good working knowledge of hand measuring and inspection tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High School/GED or higher education preferred
1+ years experience as a manual TIG welder or related areas preferred
Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.