Work within the materials rotation program (Materials, Planning and Purchasing departments) spending 6-12 months in each role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Inventory Analyst (6-12mos)
· Responsible for monitoring all material transactions for assigned area(s).
· Responsible for identifying, resolving, and finding the root cause of discrepancies and other related inventory errors.
· Recommend changes that will eliminate or greatly reduce future inaccuracies from reoccurring.
· Be flexible enough to work overtime, assist in material handling functions, and fill in for other Inventory Control personnel as required and as specified by the Inventory Control Manager.
· Responsible for eliminating any manufacturing downtime associated with assigned area (where applicable).
· Perform regular component cycle counts as required.
· Perform inventory transactions and reporting on customer systems when required.
· Assist in the development and implementation of any materials management systems that will enhance inventory control at Jabil Circuit.
· Be able to interface with all departmental supervisors, support functions, engineering, program management, and other pertinent functions within the plant operations.
Planner/Buyer I (6-12mos)
· Participate in decision making of MPS loading through proper materials sizing.
· Analyze, maintain, and execute Materials Requirement Plan (MRP). Continuously monitor and verify materials pipeline to ensure it meets the MRP requirements. Identify and appropriately address materials supply issues.
· Ensure materials availability to support production per the Master Production Schedule through MRP execution, on-time delivery, and coordination of materials movement through receiving to production.
· Proactively eliminate materials liabilities for Jabil by clearly understanding the ownership (supplier / customer). Track and provide supporting data to BUM in order to clearly define customer liable materials. Execute and maximize Jabil negotiated terms with suppliers to reduce materials liability.
· Issue Purchase Orders to pricing, terms & conditions that are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity Managers and Buyers. Ensure suppliers’ adherence to established agreements.
· Optimize order management process to ensure effective communication with suppliers.
· Maintain integrity of master data and purchasing planning parameters in order to minimize material liability and to balance the cost of procurement with inventory investment levels.
· Monitor and continuously improve supplier’s delivery and quality performance. Address and resolve recurring or critical issues by utilizing corrective action tools and additional resources.
· Support Accounts Payable in resolving invoice discrepancies.
· Provide inputs to drive and execute Jabil’s commodity and pricing strategy. Work closely with Buyers, Commodity Managers, & SCM. Provide feedback on supplier performance and Jabil’s strategies.
· Minimize materials freight expenses for Jabil.
· Monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers’ performance on delivery, quality, and service.
Production Planner (6-12mos)
· Schedule production activity in synch with MPS.
· Run planned orders in two-week buckets to detail what boards are to be built.
· Ensure Prep-Parts can and is keeping up with the build schedule.
· Focus on minimizing changeovers and production schedule changes while maintaining the integrity of the production board revision.
· Run clean-to-starts, on-time production shipments, EPS maintenance, purge, ECN, and deviation management, maintaining of a handbook.
· Meet daily with the Master Planner and manufacturing to assess production schedules, (adjust as necessary, based on production results), optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers, to achieve 100% on time delivery.
· At a minimum, run weekly clean-to-starts to determine any existing material shortages that need to be expedited. Follow up with appropriate Purchasing personnel to ensure commitments are achieved.
· Work with Manufacturing Line Manager(s), Purchasing, and Inventory Control to recommend long term resolutions to shortages due to lack of material control on the production floor.
· At a minimum, conduct readiness meetings on New Products as well as revision changes five days prior to the build.
· Ensure that shipments made are routed to the correct destination, as well as the creation and maintenance of Sales Orders if that duty is placed on the Planner.
· Maintain Jabil packout module, EPS, or equivalent packout system.
· Manage the Deviation/ECN/Purge processes.
· Understand all product production flow.
· Maintain handbook on position by workcell.
· Continuous coordination and follow up with the workcell team.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Coursework in Supply Chain or Logistics preferred. A certification by related professional organizations (such as APICS and NAPM) is preferred.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.