Monitor the quality and efficiency performance for assigned manufacturing line(s). Drive continuous improvement through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving; utilize data from CIQ, TARS and other sources as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Continually strive to balance and optimize line throughput, including efforts to minimize changeover downtime (i.e. common set-ups).
· Monitor machine management data in order to maximize utilization and minimize machine-generated scrap.
· Provide input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
· Create and maintain wave and reflow soldering profiles.
· Ensure that process parameters are within acceptable tolerances for products and components, and result in solder quality that meets IPC-610B requirements (or other applicable standard).
· Design and / or procure production tooling, including stencils, vacuum plates, wave solder pallets and product-specific fixtures and jigs.
· Coordinate line reconfigurations and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning and installation, and scheduling of support groups (Machine Support, Facilities, MIS, etc.) using the approved communication process.
· Verify that machine maintenance is performed as scheduled on assigned line(s).
· Encourage open communication and exchange of information within the M.E. department and between the various support groups.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; and one to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.