- Provides direct engineering support to Jabil Albuquerque’s Packaging Operations.
- Ensures that manufacturing processes comply with specifications and that product meets material qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, leads, and conducts engineering projects focused on installation and validation of manufacturing equipment.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership for daily manufacturing operations and ensuring established metrics (Production, Quality, Scrap and Cycle Time) are met.
- Establishes specific manufacturing capability technology to support transfers and new product introduction.
- Applies comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering principles and practices within broad assignments areas. May coordinate and direct activities of technical support staff and is responsible for technical development of assigned staff.
- Provides specific technical expertise to support special projects, pilot operations, product and process improvements, risk management actions and also provides input to develop capital expense forecast and equipment/spare parts budgets to support business needs.
- Provide training and mentoring to less experienced Manufacturing Engineering staff on their assigned lines in subjects such as quality, equipment maintenance and repair, machine programming, and optimization.
- Provides support to product inquiry and quality event investigations.
- Provides and implements robust corrective actions to quality, safety and ergonomic risk detected in the manufacturing area.
- Follows company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive understanding of automated manufacturing equipment control systems (electromechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and motion)
- Strong hands-on electromechanical troubleshooting skills
- Solid equipment programming and networking abilities (PLC and/or PC)
- Familiar with Manufacturing Equipment Lifecycle Management
- ISO 13849; machine safety design and implementation
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet analysis, data management, projects management, presentation graphics, engineering analysis and statistical software
- Experience with enterprise information systems including Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Manufacturing Execution (MES), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Quality Systems, Documentation Control Systems, and Change Control.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Engineering (B.S., M.S., or Ph.D.) degree required. Electrical or Mechanical preferred.
- Five to eight years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment; regulated industry preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.