The Associate Engineer is an entry level position, which is expected to have a good understanding of engineering theory, basic concepts of design, and an eagerness to develop a specific competency within the design environment. This role is responsible for design evaluation to determine options for optimization, assess impact to design cost, assembly methods or times. The Associate Engineer must be knowledgeable in manufacturing processes and equipment for given manufacturing area.
Using established procedures is responsible for analysis, design and development of basic electrical systems circuitry, library development, PDM entries, component engineering, and documentation/ verification plan execution.
Design, development, debug and test of software and/or firmware on hardware platforms that utilize one or more of the following: operating system (OS), real-time operating system (RTOS), or embedded code.
Using established procedures is responsible for design and development of new Mechanical Design of simple components, assembly drawing developments, PDM entries and verification plan execution.
Must be able to assess electrical and electro-mechanical components and BOM’s for supply chain overall risk, adherence to corporate strategy, cost, and risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· (Electrical & Mech) Familiar with the basic use of at least one CAD design tool.
· (Electrical & Mech) At the appropriate process phase gates, will create and enter a complete design package data into our PDM system for ECO release.
· (Software / Firmware) Competent in at least one high level programming language & compiler and familiar with the use of In-circuit emulators.
· (ALL) Work with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· Familiar with the use of lab equipment and tools for taking measurements and executing verification test plans.
· Be responsible for directing the Technicians on their assigned projects.
· Provide technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Be responsible for directing Engineering Services Techs on their assigned projects.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience and/or training
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.