The Sr. Test Engineering Manager is responsible for providing optimum test solutions and strategies through the effective management of people, systems, procedures and equipment. Maintaining and surpassing driven innovations and continuous improvement within Test Engineering by harnessing new technologies in the areas of systems, equipment, and processes. Provide exceptional support to customers, team members, and shareholders. Supports global Test Engineering initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide accurate quotation for new models from new customers and existing customer to ensure company's continuous growth
· Manages the Test Engineering Department in operating with a high level of efficiency and integrity
· Reviews and develops department structure, seating capacity and forecast. Manages operations metrics and assets
· Researches, develops and implements Workcell systems, support and ISO/QS systems
· Compiles and documents data necessary to analyze performance and makes changes in the testing process
· Develops, motivates and challenges Test Engineering employees, organizes workloads as needed and ensures each employee is adequately challenged
· Ensure all test equipment is maintained to the best condition for minimum downtime
· Seek the new test technologies for employees' development and customers' value added
· Set up a failure analysis group to track the cost effective test reject inventory and reporting process related failure
· Set up a test development group to increase company value and satisfy customers' needs
· Provide the cost reduction through automation and process simplification
· Provides meaningful and timely feedback on employee’s performance including completing and conducting annual performance appraisals and developing training plans
· Hire, train, and manage test personnel to support company production ramp and new business start-ups
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Possess an all round in depth knowledge of the test engineering in SMT industry.
· Knowledge in computer hardware and software is essential. Ability to handle complex engineering issues and to provide engineering solutions for company operations
· Experience with commercial and custom automated test equipment
· Ability to work under tight deadlines with frequently changing priorities
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
· Minimum of 8 years work-related experience, minimum of 5 years management experience required
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.