Data Platform Architect.
The EMS Data and Analytics Services team have a requirement for a Data Platform Architect. The team is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and implementing tools, services, standards, custom applications, and capabilities spanning from ingestion through to consumption for complicated analytical use cases. These include building complex hybrid architectures and creation of bespoke software solutions to aid in the continuous improvement of our systems and delivery of advanced analytical capabilities to the business.
The Data Platform Architect will work closely with the Data Platform Product Owner and diverse teams of Architects and Developers. The role will be core to cloud implementations or our analytical data platform and supporting multiple use cases spanning both manufacturing and business needs. This role will include end to end responsibilities from architectural design through to implementation, along with understanding the long-term data strategy for a wide range of platform services and capabilities. The role will also be responsible for the creation of technical documentation, covering tools, standards, methods, solutions, and governance.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owner.
- Collaborate closely with fellow Architects and Technical Leads.
- Develop solutions that complement the technical direction and cloud enablement of the business, with a particular focus towards AWS Data Platform capabilities.
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of complex data consumption use cases.
- Collaborate on the creation and empowerment of advanced analytical systems.
- Implement both batch and streaming data pipelines.
- Implement reporting data pipelines to empower dashboards and reporting systems.
- Develop code and processes to accelerate the adoption and integration of business use cases with the Analytical Data Platform.
- Creation of technical documentation, including architectural designs, solution documentation and work instructions.
- Manage, create, and update technical epics/user stories related to assigned scope of work.
- Know and understand the business needs.
- Know and understand the IT strategy and objectives.
- Own the technical solutioning through leadership of the customer, business, developers, and technical leads, to better advanced the solutions being delivered.
- Openly consult and inform other Architect and Technical Leads when designing solutions.
- Learn, teach, and share new technologies openly with colleagues.
- Ensure that security, performance, and redundancy of systems meets requirements, and ensure these evolve as business and IT requirements evolve.
- Proactively research new technologies, bringing suitable technologies to the table for assessment and adoption.
- Prepare and present solutions outside of pier groups to wider Jabil audiences.
- Actively engage in knowledge sharing within and out-with the core teams assigned to.
- Dedicate time to self-improvement, education, and technology adoption.
- Mentor and openly share with team members, actively assisting in the elevation of overall skill levels across the organization.
- Assist in project planning.
- Assist in any sizing or estimation efforts as needed.
- Understand risk, cost and scope of changes which impact development and openly highlight these risks.
- Identify gaps and bottlenecks within team coverage and skills.
Evolution and Support.
- Follow continuous improvement practices to ensure that the teams are evolving, and solutions improve over time.
- Proactively engage and perform root causes analysis, initiating corrective actions to both technical and practical issues that might arise.
- Remain current with new and emerging technologies, proactively recommending suitable technologies for adoption.
- Present solutions to customers, colleagues and executives as required.
- Publish or guide the publication of documentation and solution details.
- Engage openly and without bias with vendors and third parties as required.
- Ask questions, play devil’s advocate, encourage input from others and actively collaborate.
- When issues occur, identify, and explain the root causes clearly and without bias or blame.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent documented experience. 5+ years of experience in data and/or analytical architecture.
(Preferred: Big Data solutions, Batch Processing, ETL Processes/Systems, Complex Pipelines. Bonus: Data Warehouse Design, Multi-site implementations, OLAP, Multidimensional Modeling, Tabular Modeling, Reporting Solutions, Stream Analytics/CEP)
- 3+ years of cloud technology experience.
(Bonus: AWS, Redshift, Athena, Glue, EMR, DMS, Neptune, Spark, Hadoop, Snowflake, Airflow, etc.)
- 10+ years software or analytical systems development experience.
(Preferred: Advanced SQL knowledge, C# Programming background. Bonus: Azure, Tabular, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI, Python, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile development processes (SCRUM and Kanban).
- Experience dealing with complex big data solutions.
(Bonus: background including statistical metric and KPI solution implementations)
- Experience of Streaming platforms.
- Proven cloud data platform implementations.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with ability to gain confidence of piers, from junior team members through to senior management.
- Domain knowledge within manufacturing advantageous.
- Knowledge of industry and cloud best practices.
- Security conscious approach to complex data management and access.
- Attention to detail with an ability to identify risks and gaps.
- Ability to identify common use-cases and contribute to value add for the business.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.