Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- To maintain production equipment in excellent condition ensuring consistent quality, output and yield.
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork, records and CMMS to cGMP standards.
- Ensure PMs and Calibrations and performed 100% on time.
- Support all safety initiatives and policies.
- Lead and implement process improvements to achieve more efficient operations while adhering to change management and cGMP requirements.
- Assist with the commissioning of new equipment / projects.
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts.
- Cross train technicians as required.
- Support and mentor EMT level 0 and level 1 techs as required.
- Flexibility to work a shift pattern and availability to travel to support new equipment and/or training.
- Initiate improvements within equipment PM & W.I. processes.
- 100% Compliance on Monthly Safety Procedures Training. on Monthly Safety Procedures Tra
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and practices in areas such as safety and all regulatory compliance.
- Role model and promote the organisations Values and Behaviours.
- Supports all company quality programs and initiatives.
- Timeliness in addressing Quality System Requirements.
- Principles of data integrity must be strictly adhered to.
- All activities to be performed in strict accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Constantly seeks to improve work processes; Has a quality-first mentality; Learns from internal and external best practices to apply to her/his work
- Supports all company Lean Manufacturing principles
- Role models and promotes the organizations Values & Behaviours.
- Comply with all corporate safety, environmental and quality policies.
- Must take personal accountability for own safety whilst supporting a culture of safety management through compliance with all safety policies, safety observation reporting, and proactive involvement in Jabil AIM programme.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department / position.
Job Specifications : The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- Level 6, 7 or 8 HETAC Qualification in Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical / Automation Engineering, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics or similar.
- Qualified trade personnel with industrial experience will also be considered.
- 3 years experience in hands on technical role.
- Experience in high volume automation / robotics required.
- Experience in Healthcare medical device manufacturing environment highly desirable.
- Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision Systems, Ultrasonic welding, workshop machining desirable.
- Understanding of Process Capability desirable.
- Understanding of MSA or GR&R desirable.
- Experience in leading process improvements projects preferably in medical device environment.
- Experience in FAT, SAT, IOPQ of automated assembly lines desirable.
- Systematic and structured troubleshooting / problem solving skills and demonstrate through use of lean tools, 5whys, A3s or similar.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Adherence to change management procedures and c-GMP requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills with good report generation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- High level of safe working practices and awareness.
- Computer literate with MS Office Skills.
· Troubleshoot to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
· Dismantle, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings.
· Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts.
· Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required.
· Perform scheduled preventive maintenance. Document maintenance as per program designation.
· Move or assist in the movement and installation of equipment.
· Calibrate equipment using general and special purpose test equipment.
· May be required to source equipment parts.
· May be required to work overtime or be on-call.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
· Use of basic and special purpose hand tools, leveling instruments, and test/calibration equipment.
· Must be able to troubleshoot all failures that are detectable at the IO level.
· Basic mathematics.
· May require forklift certification.
· Understanding of electronic color codes and other component value markings.
· Understanding of safety practices requirements.
· Solid knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
· Personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and e-mail).
· Use of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associates degree in electronics with emphasis in servo positioning theory or equivalent discipline.
· Two (2) to five (5) years prior work experience in electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.