This position is responsible for preparing the financial materials to be used in external financial reports and assisting in the administration of the Company’s equity-based compensation programs. Contributes to researching and addressing new accounting and/or US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and account rollforwards.
• Prepares monthly balance sheet and income statement variance analyses.
• Prepares financial analyses and internal reporting for management.
• Prepares schedules for external reporting.
• Timely communication and support of sites and other functions.
• Support internal and external audit and review procedures.
• Support SOX compliance documentation and testing as required.
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
• Coordinates with Legal, HR, payroll, and the third-party plan administrator to ensure the Company's equity-based compensation programs are properly administered.
• Effectively communicates with internal and external contacts regarding questions and supporting documentation related to the equity compensation plans and transactions.
• Participates in special projects and/or ad-hoc requests as they arise, including process and procedural reviews and other enhancements.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 5+ years of experience
• Multinational company and/or Manufacturing experience, preferred
• SAP and Cognos Controller experience, preferred
• CPA preferred
• Strong knowledge and experience with Accounting concepts, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP), SOX and SEC reporting requirements.
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks in an environment of changing priorities.
• Ability to focus with an attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to extract and analyze data to identify trends, anomalies and differences; turning data into actionable insights.
• The ability to identify, understand a problem and its root cause, and research effective solutions.
• Takes initiative and executes independently to proactively address accounting related matters and solutions.
• Understands opposing opinions, offers unique perspectives, and is able to gain support for ideas and solutions.
• Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.