Manage all planning activities for the dedicated assigned workcell and mentor the Production Planners and Document Coordinators in the workcell.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure 100% on-time delivery.
• Establish build readiness.
• Maintain efficiency of capacity and customer sizing.
• Maintain accurate revenue forecasting.
• Maintain material control and liability.
• Develop Master Production Schedule (MPS) and load into Jabil’s ERP system, including Purchase Order (PO) coverage.
• Reconcile the MPS to customer PO coverage weekly to ensure that Jabil is not exposed over and above customer PO coverage or other authorized customer demand.
• Ensure the MPS is always 100% accurate and achievable.
• Achieve and maintain 95% MPS goal.
• Own production planning, BOM and document control with or without additional support.
• Analyze material and capacity requirements and communicate constraints to the Workcell and customer based on accurate customer demand.
• Maintain the workcell’s capacity planning model; drive resolution on uneven capacity utilization that keeps Jabil focused on the customer but efficiently utilizing manufacturing resources.
• Meet daily with the Workcell and manufacturing team to assess production schedules, (adjust as necessary based on production results) optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers to help achieve 100% on time delivery.
• Maintain the customers’ latest contract on file at all times and be familiar with the terms and conditions of the contract regarding customer liability of material planning and production scheduling. This includes the liability window for Jabil material purchase order placement, purchase price for components, and liability for any in-house materials (purchased and manufactured).
• Be the workcell’s “expert” on all planning activities by supporting the Production Planner goal of never starting to build product without having a valid PO, adequate material quantities, and accurate BOM and an accurate routing.
• Lead the Workcell on the creation of Bills of Material (BOMs) and routings that allows accurate tracking of WIP assemblies and accurate inventory movement transactions.
• End-of Life (EOL) management should include chairing a meeting 30 days prior to the last planned build date to create tactics to support the EOL strategy. The Master Planner would own the build schedule, corrections and resolution of MPS to customer demand, planned tactics on deadlines for assemblies out of the various work areas on the floor, deadline for last shipment, and support plan for potential RMAs.
• Manage Jabil purge process for internal Workcell purges.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
•Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: TBD
•Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree + 5 years of experience, or Masters + 3 years of related experience, or PhD without experience.
APICS certification and Supervisor experience also preferred.
Thorough knowledge of MRP, lead times for specific component types, internal run rates, test development lead times, machine programming lead times and complete understanding of the chronological sequence of events that must occur in order to build a product.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.