The candidate will be part of a team that works on Jabil's proprietary hardware testing platform which communicates with testing instruments to produce repeatable and reproducible test data. The testing platform allows multiple tests to be run in parallel using scripts running in multiple test threads. Instrument communication is through a number of hardware busses using a number of protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide technical advice, code reviews and assistance to other developers.
• Participate in the design and development of the system and integrations.
• Design and develop the enhancements to the product
• Assist and supervise development of automation testing.
• Maintain a working knowledge of advancing technologies.
• Work seamlessly with all IT Teams to ensure high standard of IT support at all levels.
• Work with Product Owners, Stakeholders, Architects on requirements, strategy, and architecture.
• Maintain and develop documentation for the responsible area. Prepare and provide status updates of assigned project plans and schedules.
• Promote good design principles such as code reuse, modularity, and extensibility
• Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
• Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
• Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization while maintaining discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
• At least 5 years of experience in software development.
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design concepts, principles, and patterns.
• Experience with C#, .NET core, .NET framework.
• Experience with C++, Python, and/or LabVIEW a plus.
• Good skills with development using HTML, CSS.
• Solid understanding of instrument communication protocols and automation methods.
• Solid understanding of hardware testing methodologies.
• Ability to write technical documentation.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, technology professionals, and subject matter experts.
• Self-starter that can work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.