Responsible for hands-on support of injection molding projects through mold pulling and setting, work cell setup, startup/shutdown/debug, mold maintenance, and root cause analysis. Additional responsibilities to support ongoing projects include design reviews, process development, and qualification. Participate in training activities as they relate to New Product Introduction (NPI), Master Molder training, ect. Ensure smooth hand-off from New Product Introduction (NPI) Team to Commercial Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive molding validation projects to completion, providing hands-on support with mold setting, work cell setup, sample collection, root cause analysis, preventative maintenance, and spare component installation.
- Work with project engineering team to accelerate injection molding machine and tool setups.
- Keep validation projects moving by filling inspector/packer activities, as needed.
- Work with Process Engineers/Technicians to improve flow of NPI tooling, supporting root cause analysis, preventative maintenance, work cell improvements/diagnoses.
- Support development activities by participating in part design reviews as they relate to manufacturability and tool viability.
- Provide technical input for communications between project team, tooling vendors, and customers.
- Drive cost savings through root cause analysis and continuous improvement projects.
May perform other duties and responsibilities to keep projects on track.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Preference to working hands-on, and eager to learn. Estimate 80% of time on floor, 20% at desk.
- Experience with mold setups, and/or mold manufacturing, preferred, but not required.
- Experience with EOAT and robots set ups/programming preferred, but not required.
- Experience working on injection molds preferred, but not required. (preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, measurement, modifications, etc.)
- Microsoft Office base knowledge: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. preferred, but not required.
- Experience running injection molding machines (startup/shutdown, process development, debug) preferred, but not required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma (vocational school preferred) with 5 years of hands-on/technical work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, 0-3 years work-related experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.