- The Toolmaker is responsible for the maintenance and repair of mould tooling as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Manufacture and repair of jigs, fixtures, gauges etc. as required.
- Assist other departments as required including programmes, maintenance and assembly.
- Have the ability to dismantle, clean / repair and reassemble complex multi-impression tooling.
- Experience of basic mould problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting & cooling problems.
- Maintain accurate computerised records as part of the company’s preventive maintenance program.
- Support the spare parts inventory system through assigning of all parts used and scheduled stocktakes.
- Experience in setting up and operating lathes, milling machines, electrical discharge machines and surface grinders.
- Interpret drawings, evaluate machining methods on assignments and assist other toolmakers and apprentices in the operation and setup of toolroom equipment.
- Perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Observe all health and safety requirements including LOTO procedures and maintain any work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Job Specifications : The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- Qualified Time Served Toolmaker.
- 3 years’ experience in an Injection Moulding Environment.
- Ability to operate manual spark erosion machine.
- Experience in a cGMP environment desirable.
- Experience with hot runner system maintenance an advantage.
- Ability to work within a small skilled group and offer support where required.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Problem solving ability and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to upgrade skills on an on-going basis.
- High level of safe working practices and awareness.
- Computer skills to support role – Microsoft Office etc.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.