Jabil Brandywine campus is located in West Chester, PA. We are proud to manufacture Medical Devices for orthopedic specialties including trauma, spine, and specialty implants for leading medical technology companies. Our employees are honored to work together with industry leading companies to make a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
Supervise an inspection and device history record staff of area leads and inspectors in a manner which supports company manufacturing, quality and compliance goals and objectives. In conjunction with other functions, ensure the proper inspection of product and materials, establishment of appropriate processes, and release of product, which meet specified requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervise an inspection staff with responsibilities in sorting, testing, and inspecting products and raw materials and Device History Record review and release and other areas as deemed necessary.
· Provide training, mentoring, coaching, performances review, developmental plans, and succession planning for the quality inspection staff including leads and associates.
· Support and coordinate (as required) regulatory and internal audit activities.
· Perform line audits & ensure compliance to procedures.
· Drive quality awareness in all direct personnel including the production supervisors and support functions.
· Communicate clearly & effectively to management on all issues that require additional support, escalation or resources to effectively manage or resolve.
· To support & educate manufacturing personnel in the interpretation of specifications & quality policies governing the manufacturing areas.
· Promoting a "quality first" mentality to the employee base.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong GMP background and knowledge of appropriate FDA regulations desirable, with medical device experience preferred.
· Related industrial experience in medical manufacturing environment with exposure to quality control, mechanical device inspection, instrumentation, and/or metrology preferred.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities in a consistent and effective manner in a fast-pace environment is required.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs; lean and six sigma training is preferred.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required. Experience with SAP is preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, or another field is preferred.
· 2-3 years of supervisory experience is preferred.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
· 20/30 vision using both eyes with the ability to perform color verification
· Lifting weight up to 20 pounds on regular basis and up to 50 pounds on occasional basis.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.