The Ops Senior Project Manager will facilitate and lead strategic initiatives for large and high complexity projects, which may be customer specific, large product introductions or transfers. Provides management and guidance to multi-functional project teams and/or other Project Managers. Manage and enhance customer relationships. Provides full accountability for project schedules, project management, performance requirements and may provide input on budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for ensuring all of the project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution
· Build team(s) to address the project goals and objectives
· Collaborate with customer (internal or external) from requirements gathering through product acceptance.
· Align the team to customer needs by establishing milestones, goals, and objectives based on input from all functional areas and stakeholders
· Review project schedules with project managers
· Provide guidance and motivation to project teams to successfully achieve project goal and corporate initiatives
· Communicate project objectives in terms of overall strategic business objectives
· Serve as interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and sponsor(s)
· Manage development of project plans with focus on achievement of project goals and corporate initiatives
· Responsible for recognizing project's Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
· Obtain and summarize current project information and milestone status versus project performance baseline
· Drive project/program tasks to completion in accordance with the project schedule
· Coordinate the efforts of the team to develop an integrated project plan and risk analysis with action plans to mitigate the risks
· Management of Resource capacity.
· Collaborates in forecasting project budget and HR needs for current and future site needs
· Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
· Report project status, issues and implemented solutions as well as evaluations and assessments of the results
· Provide key stakeholders with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department and with other Jabil facilities
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipates, meets and exceeds expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority
· Coach others through difficult decision making situations
· Working closely with communications, stakeholders , and management to stay informed of important company information to evaluate and measure effectiveness and impact on the business
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Ops Regional PMO Mgr or Ops PMO Mgr
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
· Expert knowledge of Jabil’s culture and guiding principles
· Must be adept at navigating the diversified landscape with respect to country cultures, company divisions and internal hierarchies
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
Character limitations for the Job Capsule is for the Job Summary, Duties & Responsibilities and Education and Experience. This included the total of the titles for each category, spaces and Punctuation. In order to create this role this JD will need to be truncated by 911 characters. My suggestion is to remove some of the bullet points in order to bring down the count. Removing the Periods at the end of the bullet list will help as well.
Jabil has standard Job Description Templates that has standard wording for this section. I will forward the JD's for both the Individual Contributor and the Managerial roles for future creations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent required
· Bachelor’s degree required, Masters Degree Preferred
· Minimum of 12 years work-related experience required in project management or related discipline.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.