The Materials Systems Analyst is responsible for continuous development of supply chain processes and systems. The Materials Systems Analyst will be responsible for the identification, development, and continuous improvement of processes and systems within various elements of the supply chain, including Demand Planning, MPS Management, Production Planning, and other materials management processes. The Materials Systems Analyst will interact directly with the Director of Supply Chain Planning and Sector/Global Planning Managers with establishing objectives, strategy, benchmarking supply chain systems and performance, developing new solutions and optimizing various internal and external supply chain processes and systems. The Materials Systems Analyst will also act as an internal trainer for Advanced Planning staff, Jabil Subject Matter Experts, and as an external consultant to Customers and Suppliers to ensure the Supply Chain is performing at an optimal level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assess and lead the development and deployment of material planning systems appropriate to the assigned sector/customers, in concert with the Advanced Planning management team.
· Collaborate with Jabil’s Advanced Planning team to develop advanced planning process solutions that improve Jabil’s performance and customer service levels.
· Support the Directors of SC Planning and Sector/Global Planning Managers with the development, training, and deployment of a systematic process solution to receive, evaluate and fulfill customer demand across assigned sector/customers.
· Assists Director of SC Planning and Sector/Global Planning Managers in the development of analytics and metric tracking for all areas of materials management.
· Provide continuous support in materials management tool development, enhancement, testing, and deployment.
· Effectively present, and educate internal/external customers on planning processes and systems.
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of Jabil’s materials management processes and tools. Evaluate current systems (SAP, RR, and Excel) for additional capabilities and new systems for improvement opportunities.
· Prepare technical specification and hands on development as required for identified system solutions.
· Prepare, document and provide training material for process/system solutions to Advanced Planning staff, Jabil Subject Matter Experts and user community.
· Coordinate, oversee and/or execute implementation plans of system solutions for assigned sector/customers.
· Provide support for system issues that have been escalated to the Advanced Planning group.
· Transfer Advanced Planning solution requirements to IT and ensure project team is meeting specifications and expectations.
· Successfully manage supply chain optimization projects which encompass resources across many functional groups and regions.
· Ensure the knowledge, execution and deployment of Jabil’s standard planning processes and systems are in place where possible, and support development and implementation of customized solutions where necessary.
· Demonstrate effective leadership and cooperation with the Advanced Planning group, IT, and BU materials teams for assigned sector/customers.
· Continue to develop advanced planning and systems skills for self and assigned resources.
· Extremely strong skills with proven track record in materials management, communication, leadership, business analytics, process development, and change management are required. Extensive knowledge of SAP, Rapid Response and Excel
· Ability to interface and influence all levels of management internal and external to Jabil.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages (SAP, RR, & Excel).
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer contracts, liability agreements, business periodicals, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXAMPLE BEHAVIOR(S)
· FOLLOW-UP: Able to monitor and evaluate progress of assignments / projects
· ORGANIZE: Able to assemble appropriate resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish goals; Able to schedule and coordinate work of others; Able to establish efficient work procedures to meet objectives; Able to form the right structures and teams to enhance productivity
· PLAN: Able to develop short- and long-term operational and / or financial plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in achieving goals; Able to anticipate obstacles and define alternate strategies; Able to integrate planning efforts across work units
· INFORM: Able to keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes and other relevant information
· LISTEN: Able to actively listen and convey understanding of the comments and questions of others; Able to understand the situations, viewpoints and feelings of others before expressing own view
· SPEAK COMPETENTLY: Able to speak clearly and concisely; Able to use appropriate vocabulary for the audience; Able to get point across unambiguously and check for understanding
· COLLABORATE: Able to act as part of a larger team outside of the immediate department or group; Able to understand the importance of working with peers in other areas or management to reach "best practice" solutions for the organization; Able to inform and seek information to anticipate and consider the impact of decisions or actions on the overall organization
· DELIVER EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE: Able to demonstrate sensitivity to customer needs (both internal and external) and proactively address customer needs; Able to make customer satisfaction a high priority
· FACILITATE GROUP DISCUSSIONS: Able to use effective communication methods and interpersonal behaviors to guide a group toward objectives. Able to help groups define objectives and strategy, stay on task, and reach consensus. Able to solicit participation, challenge ideas, and summarize accomplishments and planned actions
· BUILD EFFECTIVE TEAMS: Able to promote team cohesiveness, cooperation and effectiveness; Able to actively seek the ideas and help of others, and contribute own ideas and actions to achieve team goals; Able to consider feelings and needs of others when working together to meet common goals
· ACT WITH INTEGRITY: Able to demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles; Able to demonstrate honesty in all actions; Able to admit and correct mistakes promptly; Able to assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions
· BE PERSONALLY PRODUCTIVE: Able to use own time efficiently and avoid wasting time; Able to organize work with realistic priorities for self and others; Able to demonstrate stamina to sustain effort over a period of time; Able to set high but realistic standards for self; Able to produce a high volume of work; Able to balance personal and work commitments to maintain "personal best" conditions
· INFLUENCE: Able to use effective communication and interpersonal skills to convince others to accept ideas or goals (with or without the formal authority of a higher position). Able to gain agreement and commitment from others to support and implement methods or processes
· BE ANALYTICAL: Able to effectively gather all relevant information; Able to identify key issues; Able to qualitatively and / or quantitatively process data; Able to identify relationships, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision-making
· SOLVE PROBLEMS: Able to apply both rational and creative processes and approaches to identify root causes of problems and solutions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Supply Chain Management preferred.
· Three (3) to four (4) years work-related experience in materials planning or business analyses in the electronics manufacturing industry required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
· Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
· Travel requirements: Domestic and International, up to 10%.
· Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Hands in water
Unusual hearing or vision demands: None specified
^Other physical demands or notes: Employees should not attempt to lift, pull or push a load in excess of 50 lbs. without assistance. Care should always be taken when lifting, pushing or pulling in an awkward position.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.