Software Group Leader
Kasalis is a global supplier of advanced automation and production systems for the active alignment, assembly, and test of leading-edge optical devices and electro-optical systems including compact camera modules, NIR and visible light projectors, LiDAR systems, augmented reality systems, and structured light 3D sensing systems. We work on innovative, state-of-the-art technologies from some of the world’s most recognizable brands in the technology space.
Kasalis is part of Jabil, one of the top manufacturers in the world, with more than 200,000 employees worldwide in over 100 facilities.
About the Job
We are searching for an experienced and motivated leader for our software team. This team develops complex and robust alignment algorithms and machine control software for optical assembly and test equipment. In this role the candidate will lead the software engineering team, architect and plan technical solutions, develop and maintain processes, contribute technically to projects, and work with the project management team to help ensure that our projects are on time and on budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management
- Direct, plan, and oversee the day-to-day operations of the software team.
- Mentor, coach, and motivate the software team to perform at a high level.
- Produce short and long-term resource forecasting information and monitor utilization on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Participate in weekly project review meetings and monthly resource planning meetings.
- Work with your team members to set and achieve development goals throughout the year and prepare yearly evaluations.
- Recruit, hire, and retain software team members.
- Work closely with the rest of the Kasalis management team on technology roadmaps and strategic planning.
Technical Management and Contribution
- Lead the development of new technologies and processes, both within the software group and within Kasalis as a whole.
- Develop, document, and implement the necessary technical processes to ensure consistently high performance in all areas.
- Participate in major design reviews.
- Work with program management to monitor and co-manage risk mitigations, budgets, and deadlines for active projects.
- Organize and lead code reviews for your team.
- Participate in pre-sales meetings with customers.
- Provide input and estimates for quotations and statements of work.
- Function as a technical contributor as needed.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience programming in multiple languages, preferably Python, C++ and C#.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration skills. Should be able to work with multiple teams across domains to resolve a complex issue.
- Ability to work on challenging assignments with aggressive schedules.
- Excellent process and people management skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict.
Some set of the below skills would be desirable, but areas where a candidate is lacking can be learned on the job.
- Experience with factory automation software and machine control, such as Beckhoff and/or B&R.
- Experience with machine vision and image processing, and libraries like OpenCV.
- Experience with motion control or industrial robotics.
- Experience with hardware communication.
- Experience with machine process optimization (accuracy, cycle time).
Education and Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical field.
- Experience leading a small to medium sized software team.
- Project management experience is a plus.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.