This is a journeyman level machinist position where the operator can operate most or all machines in the shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operate a wide variety of machine tool equipment such as a drill press, lathe, milling machine, CNC, and other hand and power machines.
· Works from blueprints, sketches, production diagrams, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of machined components.
· Makes shop calculations using handbook formulas to layout patterns and determine tooling feeds and speeds.
· Inspects parts using precision measuring tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, and calipers.
· Programs a variety of machines.
· Provide work leadership to others.
· Work with production control to allocate jobs to the machinists so that work is completed on schedule and everyone is doing their fair share of work.
· Ensure that there are sufficient resources to get work out on schedule. This includes manpower, machinery, tooling, material, etc.
· Maintain equipment and perform preventive maintenance. Maintain records of maintenance. Arrange for outside service repair of equipment as required.
· Train new employees if assigned.
· Performs other job functions as assigned
· Ability to read complex math and angles
· Complex blue print reading.
· Capable of performing some heavy labor, ability to lift 50-75 lbs.
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
· Strong working knowledge of hand measuring and inspection tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School/GED or higher education preferred
· 5+ years experience as a machinist; familiarity with CNC, Lathe and manual machines a plus
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $19.62 - $28.43 - $37.25. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.