Understand and master technologies specific to area of competence. Convey technical solutions for areas of competence both to other engineers and to business personnel. Work with engineering team to develop final product solution for chosen architecture within time and cost constraints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with Managers, System Architects and Project Design Engineer in quoting information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
- Support the Development and utilization of processes for Software requirement analysis and documentation, Design documentation and requirements management.
- Provide Document Control with a complete design package consisting of requirements and design documentation, source code and executables.
- Provide mentoring to team in supporting and driving appropriate design processes.
- Lead and participate in all elements of design engineering including design reviews and design verification.
- Ensure that the engineering department design flow processes and procedures are followed.
- Provide leadership in identification and mitigation of technical project risks, technical and integration dependencies affecting overall project plans and schedules.
- Work concurrently with Business Unit Management, Manufacturing, Test, Purchasing, and Quality departments through the design phase of a program. Work to provide a design that not only meets the customer’s criteria, but is also of high quality, cost effective, and manufacturability.
- Support production discrepancies by incorporating fixes into subsequent revisions in a timely manner.
- Responsible for directing Design Engineers and Technicians on associated project
- Oversee assembly and test of engineering prototypes.
- Assigned to projects of diverse scope, where analysis of situation or data requires a evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security and safety policies.
- Perform board bring up, hardware/software debugging and troubleshooting
- Design test setups and utilities to evaluate system performance
- Desire to work both independently and within team in a fast-paced environment on complex projects
- Conduct technical discussions with customers and project teams
- 6+ years of professional experience of embedded firmware development
- Ability to program using C/C++
- Hand-on experience of developing signal processing algorithms for TI C2000 or similar platform
- Familiarity with AC/DC and DC/DC power conversion products
- Experience of Power electronics/motor control, high-power battery management system is a big plus
- Good understanding of industrial communication protocol such as Modbus
- Knowledgeable about Git repository, release processes and bug tracking
- Experience of writing test scripts and tools using C#, python or Qt is preferred
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or higher.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in Software Development
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant fields
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experienc
Reference Job Description - Lead Software Engineer, Job ID: 51086061
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.