Provide management and guidance to multi-functional project teams. Manage and enhance customer relationships. Provide full accountability for project budgets and schedules. Technically capable of developing, managing and delivering highly complex technology projects or running multiple projects simultaneously. This includes developing complex SOW, business proposals, project schedule / financials, and managing multiple global projects and/or dedicated to a single customer or product domain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring all of the project's technological requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
- Responsible for recognizing project's Key Success Indicators and managing the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Responsible for project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation.
- Responsible for facilitating communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders. This includes escalating issues to the next level of management
- Responsible for forecasting project budget and HR needs for current and future site needs.
- Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external
- Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve company and customer objectives.
- Understand and meet customer needs and expectations.
- Assist with business and/or contract negotiations.
- Provide support with identifying and preparing new business proposals.
- Know and understand the strategic direction of division.
- Define, develop and implement strategies which contribute to overall department strategic direction.
- Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of projects.
- Ensure all products and services are delivered in accordance with contractual requirements and are on time and within budget.
- Conduct formal design reviews with customers to ensure design(s) meet customer design requirements.
- Assist in identifying individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor lower-level project staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Assist in managing succession plans for the project management function.
- Goal orientated and action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined, good at project planning, organizing, communication, team motivation and delegation.
- Solicit ongoing feedback from Business Unit, peers and team member on team member’s contributions to the team.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide regular communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information for projects including project status, resolving project issues, problems, and changes.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style with utilization of presentation or database software.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
- Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or internal personnel.
- Establish and maintain communications with both customer personnel and senior management or project teams.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems.
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
- Prepare timely forecasts for projects.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including knowledge of software packages in an integrated system such as SAP.
- Ability to write correspondence. Read and understand visual aids.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business Management.
- 7 to 10 work years experience in Program Management.
- PMP Certification preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education, experience, and / or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.