Responsible to ensure and coordinate the programming of SMT equipment, general activities of MES and EDM through the management and processing of required information for each of these functions, based on the Manufacturing and Workcell guidelines with the ultimate goal of satisfying the internal and external client in quality and delivery time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assign the generation of new program introduction to each of the programmers and provide necessary information in coordination with the Project or Manufacturing engineers.
· Ensure that all tools necessary for the processing of information in the EDM department are in optimal condition.
· Analyze machine failures, focusing on finding root cause.
· Apply 8D's to chronic problems
· Have all Calibration Jigs pertaining to assigned equipment, as well as folders and calibration parameters available.
· Support production lines with critical and chronic problems, depending on the problem escalation per standard procedure.
· Train and provide assistance to Manufacturing Engineers in the generation of routes, stations, equipment, lines etc in the MES QM system.
· Adapt the MES system for the creation of load sheets for new technology / platform for Fuji SMT equipment.
· Coordinate programmers in order to provide training in Valor software to Engineering Technicians for the creation of programs and visual aids.
· Provide technical support in the scheduling of the MS department and Manufacturing Engineering for the solutions to problems in the production lines.
· Audit cycle times of each new program made by Equipment Programmers to ensure compliance to quoted times.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Has developed expertise in function, typically through a combination of job-related training and extensive work experience.
· Completes task in a resourceful manner using specialized skill.
· Works on assignments of non-routine nature.
· Determines methods and procedures on newly introduced assignments.
· May assist with formal orientation or training of junior members of the team.
· Acts as a lead to production or line staff assisting with the daily coordination of work, but not a supervisor.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.