This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of cleanroom and sterile packaging process development, cleanroom and sterile packaging process design, cleanroom and sterile packaging machinery & equipment acquisition, cleanroom and sterile packaging layout, continuous improvement and other duties associated with cleanroom and sterile packaging engineering support of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Leads engineering projects that are less complex, either technically or with a small cross-functional team. Leads and participates in projects including developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Tracks costs, prepares status reports, conducts meetings, and documents and communicates progress to management.
- Leads and participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Nonconformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
- Writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation).
- Identifies and implements process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies such as, Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Performs gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
- Develops fixtures and designs tools and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
- Supports new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Develops and implements manufacturing and inspection procedures.
- Participates in, and, in some cases, leads cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance, and Product Development.
- Acts as a liaison to vendors with regard to contracted products, tools & fixtures, and their manufacture.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; and one to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Packaging Experience and validation experience a plus
- Background in manual or automated machining is preferred.
- Background in gauging, gauging techniques, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred.
- Understands processes and has a basic understanding of various manufacturing techniques
- Basic knowledge of engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $52,888 - $76,600 - $100,422. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.