The Data Scientist I is a statistical analyst well versed in various analytical disciplines, such as linear and constraint programming, modeling, simulation, time series analysis, text analytics, multivariate analysis, and other various descriptive and predictive analytics techniques. This role will have experience querying and analyzing large data sets using traditional structured data base tools and “big data” tools for both structured and unstructured data to generate actionable insights and solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Work as part of a data science, business intelligence, and/or business analytics team to produce descriptive, predictive and/or statistical models and algorithms or statistical engines for input to key business applications. (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, R, Azure ML, Minitab, Python, SaS, IBM SPSS)
● Take direction from senior data scientists, Business Intelligence, and/or IT Technical Leads on model creation where required.
● Participate in team stand ups, meetings and brainstorming activities.
● Demonstrates a commitment to customer service; anticipates, meets, and exceeds expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
● Build dashboards as well as bespoke, custom analysis.
● Work on teams with business/functional stakeholders to help make data driven decisions
● Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
- Creates design, testing, and training documentation
Conducts training and knowledge share reusable assets, delivers demos as needed
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
● Advanced Statistics, operations research/ management, mathematics or business analytics with experience, courses, or project work in an analytic methods such as linear, mixed linear, constraint programming, modeling, simulation, time series analysis, pattern recognition, queuing theory, multivariate analysis, and other various descriptive and predictive analytics techniques
● Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in teams and under pressure. Multi-lingual capability is a plus.
● Ability to draw conclusions from data and prescribe actionable and measurable activities.
● Highly motivated and creative, thinking “out of the box”.
● Familiarity with non-relational data frameworks.
● Experience with business intelligence tools (i.e., Power BI and/or Tableau), big data applications and machine learning applications.
● Strong team mentality, interpersonal and communications skills
● Enthusiasm and ability to seek out and learn new technologies and algorithms outside of your immediate toolset/knowledge to solve business problems where required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Statistics, Mathematics or Machine Learning. Master’s degree a plus.
- Preferred 1-3 years’ experience in:
- Data mining, statistical modeling or optimization projects using tools or languages such as SPSS, SAS, MATLAB, iLog, R, Python, Azure Machine Learning, Power BI, Tableau
- Working on a variety of advanced analytics projects with good understanding of the different stages of an analytics project
- Databases, data mapping, data validation, and data transformation
- Preferred experience in data management or database technologies
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.