- Overall responsibility for irradiation units
- Daily production and operation of units
- Maintain record keeping of unit (i.e., maintenance records, safety records)
- Coordinate and plan material flow for unit
- Maintain product dosimetry process.
- Participate in on-going training
- Responsible for radiation safety of self and all others who come in contact with the units
- Place, retrieve and read dosimeters
- Oversee material handler(s), with limited supervision.
- Ability to respond to emergencies
- Assure all activities related to units (i.e., visitors, contractors, inspections, audits) are conducted appropriately
- Set standards for safe behavior.
- Recognize and reward safe behavior in others.
- Ensure that team members employ safe practices.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures.
- Report to Sterilization Facilitator and/or Radiation Safety Officer
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
- Environmental – Participate in implementation of the EMS management system including continual improvement; pollution prevention; objectives and targets; and regulatory compliance. Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures. Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Able to accurately report operational trending
- Discipline, initiative, assertiveness and leadership
- Able to interact with work groups.
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Positive work history
- Able to identity issues/problems with sterilization operations/systems and provide effective communications that help in the development of solutions.
- Basic understanding in the use of hand tools.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, automated equipment and electrical controls in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must be willing to work overtime as department needs.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to pass an enhanced background check
- Previous manufacturing experience (preferred).
- Knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements (preferred).
- MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Working knowledge of plant systems (AQR, etc.) (preferred)
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and pneumatic/hydraulic systems and controls (preferred).
- Long walking, standing, bending, and reaching
- Physically demanding requirements on a daily basis including, but not limited to, lifting of up to 50 lbs., climbing on rigging and ladders, and being at different heights.
- Some office deskwork, requiring sitting, walking, using the phone and computer
- Must have completed, or be willing to complete approved Radiation Safety Course.
- Standard hours are 10:00pm to 6:00am Monday- Friday, but requires some flexibility for weekends and holidays.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.