Functions to improve efficiency and increase profitability of manufacturing processes and systems throughout the organization. Participates in continuous improvement, process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving. Performs technical work to assist in overall process design and, provide procedural recommendations to optimize quality and maximize productivity of manufacturing processes and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in the execution of global process improvement initiatives, and integration of innovative manufacturing methodologies; balances process integration and minimize changeover downtime.
· Provide resourceful input on cost reduction and minimization of machine generated scrap.
· Ensure that process parameters are within acceptable tolerances for products and components, and result in applicable quality requirements and standards.
· Coordinate line reconfigurations and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning and installation, and scheduling of support groups.
· Participates in open communication and exchange of information with Operations, site level Manufacturing Engineering professionals, and management.
· Demonstrate a good understanding of LEAN Six Sigma and actively promote the core principles throughout the organization.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of process engineering technologies practiced, both in R&D and manufacturing environments. Hands-on, practical knowledge in company core and advanced technologies.
· Understanding and involvement in relevant industry standards and specifications
· Demonstrated ability to consistently assist in developing innovative solutions for process engineering.
· Recognized ability to write technical papers, generate presentations, speak, and to effectively represent department to other Jabil groups, external customers, and technology peer groups in the industry
· Must maintain up-to-date knowledge on the status and breakthroughs in technology as a continuous improvement of core competency.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $44,037 - $63,816 - $83,594. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.