Support the globalization of business through leading and coordinating the standardization of systems, procedures and policies across all of the Jabil Engineering development sites world-wide. Ensure that current and future quality design and proto manufacturing systems meet and/or exceed customer design requirements and all regulatory requirements. Review and promote improvement in customer metrics to ensure customer satisfaction both external and internal. Act as a liaison between Jabil Engineering design sites for design projects during development and release to production facility, including providing and assuring input into transfer plans and project schedules, supporting design team, data and knowledge transfer activities and participating in launch activities as needed. Make sure that all projects are following the defined requirements inclusive of PCP and that Dash boards are reviewed accordingly. Provide support and technical assistance to new Design facilities and/or production startups. Provide mentoring and technical assistance to your direct reports and Jabil site Quality Managers and staff. Assume travel international and/or domestic as appropriate visiting customers, and presenting engineering NPI verification and validation capabilities requested by BU or from Executive management as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the Corporate strategic directions as it relates to goals and objectives and tie them to the Engineering Quality Manager goals and objectives.
· Define, develop and implement a Quality strategy which meets and contributes to the Corporate Quality requirements and strategic directions related to compliance and certification requirements.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Engineering design initiative and develop Quality requirements that meet and exceed expectations.
· Provide regular updates to the engineering development executive management and work cross functionally with all functional managers as appropriate to solicit new design wins on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Evaluate Implement and utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value and improve infrastructure for monitoring key goals and objectives.
· Provide feedback on quality initiatives to peers on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead and coordinate the standardization of systems, procedures and practices across all of the Jabil workcells
· Ensure that current and future quality and manufacturing systems meet and/or exceed customer and regulatory requirement.
· Review and promote improvement in customer metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Act as a liaison between Jabil engineering sites for program transfers including providing input into transfer plans and timelines, supporting data and knowledge transfer activities and participating in launch activities as needed. Assure that you have defined project team for all quality roles in the engineering design sites
· Provide support and technical assistance to new facility and/or development startups.
· Review and promote improvement in customer metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Act as a liaison between Jabil sites for program transfers including providing input into transfer plans and timelines, supporting data and knowledge transfer activities and participating in launch activities as needed.
· Provide mentoring and technical assistance to direct reports and Jabil engineering site Quality Managers and staff.
· Coach/Lead direct reports at all engineering design sites as appropriate or required by infrastructure change.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil?s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXAMPLE BEHAVIOR(S)
· DELEGATE: Able to clearly assign responsibility and authority for tasks to appropriately selected individuals or teams; Able to remove obstacles to administration and / or execution. Able to allow for and contribute needed resources
· HIRE TALENTED STAFF: Able to recruit and hire the best people available (from inside or outside Jabil) for permanent or temporary assignments; Able to use valid and effective selection procedures; Able to build a strong team with complementary strengths; Able to facilitate staff continuity
· ORGANIZE: Able to assemble appropriate resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish goals; Able to schedule and coordinate work of others; Able to establish efficient work procedures to meet objectives; Able to form the right structures and teams to enhance productivity
· PLAN: Able to develop short- and long-term operational and / or financial plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in achieving goals; Able to anticipate obstacles and define alternate strategies; Able to integrate planning efforts across work units
· LISTEN: Able to actively listen and convey understanding of the comments and questions of others; Able to understand the situations, viewpoints and feelings of others before expressing own view
· SPEAK COMPETENTLY: Able to speak clearly and concisely; Able to use appropriate vocabulary for the audience; Able to get point across unambiguously and check for understanding
· PRESENT SKILLFULLY: Able to prepare and deliver clear, effective, and professional presentations
· QUESTION: Able to use effective fact-finding techniques to discover all relevant information; Able to ask questions that are not leading or biased; Able to challenge assumptions
· BE STRAIGHT-FORWARD: Able to communicate directly (to-the-point) and rely on fact-based positions; Able to avoid the use of ambiguous language or statements that contain hidden or double meanings; Able to avoid being deceptive
· WRITE PROFICIENTLY: Able to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; Able to write in a well-organized and concise, yet complete, format; Able to use vocabulary appropriate for the audience; Able to constructively review and edit the written work of others
· COLLABORATE: Able to act as part of a larger team outside of the immediate department or group; Able to understand the importance of working with peers in other areas or management to reach "best practice" solutions for the organization; Able to inform and seek information to anticipate and consider the impact of decisions or actions on the overall organization
· MAINTAIN COMPOSURE: Able to stay calm and even-tempered when handling a crisis or stressful situations; Able to recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations or adverse conditions
· RESOLVE CONFLICTS: Able to bring conflict into the open and use it productively to enhance the quality of decisions; Able to arrive at constructive solutions while maintaining positive working relationships with those who disagree; Able to help others resolve disputes and reach agreement
· DELIVER EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE: Able to demonstrate sensitivity to customer needs (both internal and external) and proactively address customer needs; Able to make customer satisfaction a high priority
· FACILITATE GROUP DISCUSSIONS: Able to use effective communication methods and interpersonal behaviors to guide a group toward objectives; Able to help groups define objectives and strategy, stay on task, and reach consensus; Able to solicit participation, challenge ideas, and summarize accomplishments and planned actions
· NEGOTIATE: Able to apply effective questioning and listening techniques to determine each party's position; Able to look for common ground and build on areas of agreement to reach win-win outcomes; Able to ensure the agreed-upon alternatives have the support of all parties involved
· BUILD EFFECTIVE TEAMS: Able to promote team cohesiveness, cooperation and effectiveness; Able to actively seek the ideas and help of others, and contribute own ideas and actions to achieve team goals; Able to consider feelings and needs of others when working together to meet common goals
· DEVELOP OTHERS: Able to provide a challenging and supportive climate that encourages development in the work team; Able to assess the strengths and development needs of staff; Able to actively seek and promote opportunities for the development of others; Able to take an active part in the training and ongoing development of direct reports
· EMPOWER OTHERS: Able to establish an environment where risk-taking, ideas and initiative are encouraged; Able to "push down" authority and responsibility, creating a sense of ownership of jobs or projects; Able to reinforce and coach, offering help without removing responsibility
· INFLUENCE: Able to use effective communication and interpersonal skills to convince others to accept ideas or goals (with or without the formal authority of a higher position); Able to gain agreement and commitment from others to support and implement methods or processes
· MOTIVATE: Able to create enthusiasm for the work and a desire to excel as an individual or as a team; Able to solicit, use, and / or build on ideas of others; Able to recognize individuals for their contributions; Able to reinforce desired behaviors
· PROVIDE DIRECTION: Able to establish and communicate a common vision; Able to translate company strategy into team goals and objectives; Able to set clear priorities; Able to clarify roles and responsibilities through individual performance plans; Able to make self available for questions
· ACT WITH INTEGRITY: Able to demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles; Able to demonstrate honesty in all actions; Able to admit and correct mistakes promptly; Able to assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions
· TAKE INITIATIVE: Able to exhibit tendencies to be self-starting and not wait for signals
· BE PERSONALLY PRODUCTIVE: Able to use own time efficiently and avoid wasting time; Able to organize work with realistic priorities for self and others; Able to demonstrate stamina to sustain effort over a period of time; Able to set high but realistic standards for self; Able to produce a high volume of work; Able to balance personal and work commitments to maintain "personal best" conditions
· BE PROFESSIONAL: Able to project a positive, professional image with both internal and external business contacts; Able to create a positive first impression; Able to gain respect and trust of others through personal image and demeanor
· BE RESOURCEFUL: Able to be willing to adapt to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change; Able to develop new approaches to work systems or problem-solving; Able to maximize use of available resources to achieve the best results consistent with company objectives; Able to know who to go to and make use of others' expertise
· DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to Jabil?s policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer when deadlines are jeopardized; Able to define high standards for quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards
· BE ANALYTICAL: Able to effectively gather all relevant information; Able to identify key issues; Able to qualitatively and / or quantitatively process data; Able to identify relationships, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision-making
· DEMONSTRATE SOUND JUDGMENT: Able to make appropriate decisions and has the vision to understand their impact; Able to use factual information to develop logical assumptions; Able to examine alternatives and consider resources, constraints and risks before committing to action
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering or Business Management or equivalent education and training AND 6 to 8 years experience in a relevant Jabil quality position or equivalent external work experience, including at least 5 years experience in a supervisory or management role within an accounting department.
· Advance degree and Quality management experience with responsibilities for more than one development or manufacturing facility given higher preference.
· Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
· Travel required, domestic and international up to 50% at peak times.
· Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.