Works under the direction of the Quality Assurance Organization and is responsible for providing support and leadership to the QA Team and the manufacturing operation to achieve quality, efficiency, and cost targets, while ensuring compliance to all applicable standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership role in the development, validation, deployment and maintenance of quality computer systems to ensure compliance to regulatory bodies.
• Provide leadership role in being the subject matter expert (SME)for quality computer systems.
• Product certification and final product release, including but not limited to packaging and sterilization.
• Quality Assurance resource supporting activities related but not limited to manufacturing operations, materials control, packaging, sterilization, and distribution.
• Provide leadership of activities and serve as a resource for quality issues and initiatives.
• Provide coaching and mentoring of QA Technicians under the direction of the Quality Assurance
• Provide Quality Assurance product certification for EES-Albuquerque operations.
• Assist Engineers with audits to assess compliance to GMP, ISO, and EES standards.
Support QA Team on a daily basis.
• Works with the computer quality systems to development systems as needed.
• Provides validation of computer quality systems and deployment of the quality systems.
• Maintains administrative tasks for quality computer systems.
• Provides training on quality computer systems under the direction of the QA organization.
• Works in the different areas of Quality Assurance based on business needs.
• Coordinates discussions with Quality, Engineering, and other business partners to ensure department objectives are met.
• Partners with Quality, Engineering, and other business partners to develop corrective actions for reoccurring problems, through the use of quality principles and data.
• Writes and executes protocols as necessary.
• Performs complex tests and data analyses to recommend decisions for computer systems.
• Perform inventory verifications and transactions for material and finished goods as required.
• Completes records of inspection results, acceptance, rejection, and disposition of material.
• Conducts statistical analyses including but not limited to GR&R, Capability, FMEA, and SPC as required.
• Provide support as needed to manufacturing operations to determine the root cause of issues associated with quality computer systems.
• Provide support to Business Unit and QA Engineers in continuous improvement activities as they relate to the reduction of product inquiries or other COGS initiatives
• Maintain knowledge of all procedures, change to specifications (Process, Training Manuals,
• Material Specifications, etc.), and regulations related to their area of responsibility.
• Maintain process knowledge for the assigned area of responsibility.
• 4.26. Works with QA Engineers on document and process improvements, including but not limited to data collection, ECN’s, and additional training as required.
• Provide materials/communication or service to customers in a timely manner.
• Recommends and implements revisions, corrections, and changes to test equipment, procedures, methods, and computer systems.
• Provide leadership and initiative to the QA organization through continuous improvement projects.
• Provide necessary feedback to customers.
• Coordinates discussions with business partners regarding quality issues, projects, and activities as required.
• Exercise initiative and ingenuity to deal with varying circumstances and changing conditions, referring unusual situations to QA Engineers.
• Provide leadership with project completion and project enhancements.
• Provide coverage for absences as required.
• Provide leadership to team as appropriate.
• Work cooperatively toward effective outcomes.
• Work to resolve differences in a collaborative effort.
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
• Promote safety to all associates that enter the work area.
• Attend required safety training
• Participate in implementation of the EMS management system including continual improvement, pollution prevention, objectives and targets, and regulatory compliance.
• Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures.
• Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Knowledge of product and process specifications.
• Knowledge of test and inspection methods, i.e. Presumptive test, Dye test, and others as applicable.
• General knowledge of medical devices preferred.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and ISO policy and procedures is preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• ASQ Certification (CQA or CQT) or Internal Auditor Certification preferred.
• Six-sigma certification preferred.
• Four to six years of experience with manufacturing operations, preferably in the medical device industry.
• One to three years of Quality Assurance experience is preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.