- Performs mold repair work on cavities and cores due to damage or wear. Notes any changes to molds, inserts, parts, etc. Must document work and keep accurate records.
- Dissembles and assembles molds, analyzes and solves basic mold problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting, cooling problems, etc. Assembles, repairs, inspects, cleans and polishes molds using skill and care while handling and polishing critical surfaces.
- Performs project leader duties on new mold construction or Engineering revisions to existing molds as assigned and is responsible for the quality and successful on-time completion.
- Plans construction procedures and methods, selecting the proper materials.
- Makes allowances for shrinkage during rough machining and prior to the heat treating of tools.
- Lays out, fabricates and assembles metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specification.
- Uses a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Sets up and operates lathes, milling machines, electrical discharge machines, surface and cylindrical grinders.
- Interprets drawings, evaluates machining methods on assignments and occasionally instructs other toolmakers and apprentices in the operation and setup of toolroom equipment.
- Computes dimensions; determines machining and material or parts required.
- Perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Recommend revisions in design and/or substitutions in material based on “machine-ability” or fabrication problems encountered.
- Solve problems relating to unusual material, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process.
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- May provide guidance to lower level toolmakers.
- Stones and polishes mold components.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.