Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries and end-markets, such as automotive, consumer lifestyle and wearable tech, defense and aerospace, connected home and building, industrial and energy, enterprise and infrastructure, healthcare, mobility, packaging and printing.
Jabil is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer who will directly contribute to the transformative growth within our Enterprise and Infrastructure division by applying unique and innovative approaches to solving problems within a large-scale software production environment. You will be responsible for contributing to the end-to-end architecture, definition, development and production deployment of production software applications and infrastructure spanning multiple customers and manufacturing regions. You will also be responsible for interfacing with internal engineering, manufacturing and quality teams and our end customers to ensure your software deliverables meet the rigorous standards of Jabil’s world-class manufacturing environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Definition and collaboration on overall test infrastructure and application architectures.
- Creation of behavioral and high-level software design specifications.
- Development of production infrastructure and related application code.
- Lead and participate in peer/code reviews.
- Contribute and improve software build methodology, procedures, and environment.
- Operational and development support for the software and test infrastructure at production facilities
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to Management
JOB QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Expertise in the following programming/scripting languages: Python, Ruby, BASH, Expect. C, C++, Java experience a plus.
- Linux development experience with a solid understanding of its fundamentals and internals.
- Well-versed in the following container/virtualization environments: VMware, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Experience with application integration using web services.
- Experience with front-end and back-end Web UI design.
- Experience with common web APIs (REST, XML-RPC).
- Expertise with leading edge networking systems, hardware, software and protocols including but not limited to enterprise ethernet datacenter switching/routing (L1 – L3).
- Strong knowledge of server products including embedded remote management standards, interfaces and applications (IPMI, Redfish).
- Prior experience with code versioning tools (Git preferred).
- Database experience (SQL or similar).
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit and interview Test Engineers and technicians.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Test Engineer III position candidates.
· Coach Test Engineers in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Test Engineering staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement test engineering strategies, which contribute to the campus strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates to Test Engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to Test Engineering Manager on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Communicate all aspects of design and development to customer’s engineering staff.
· Perform duties, which involve conventional engineering practices that may include a variety of complex duties from ICT, FVT, ESS to System level test.
· Manage the engineering test function for standard and/or custom devices.
· Identify and evaluate test procedures and test equipment required to perform quality checks.
· Manager equipment and product test performance and make recommendations for changes in the testing process.
· Develop special test equipment and software text programs as required for the successful completion of project.
· Develop customer setup training program for new product testing procedures.
· Lead and implement training and assist test engineers.
· Explore new avenues and test technologies for quality improvements on product assigned.
· Monitor, through assigned test engineer, all NPI activities.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field. MS preferred.
- 10+ years experience in a software development/test capacity with enterprise server, storage or networking products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environments.
- Domestic and/or International travel, up to 10%, may be required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.