A Senior Test Development Engineer is required to perform medium to high complexity engineering work. The types of work performed include development of test solution quotes, development of test solutions, test crisis support and continuous improvement of core competency. The Test Development Senior Engineer understands Manufacturing Test Strategy from end to end and demonstrates proficiency in more than one area of test development. I.E.; Custom circuit design, in-circuit or other structural test development, Boundary Scan testing, RF/WiFi, custom software design, Design For Test, multiple technologies, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Development of test solutions:
· Typically receives project-level direction from the project leader, but may lead low to medium complexity projects
· Typically assigned to develop test specifications and test solutions of low to medium complexity
· Test solution development tasks are done according to budget and schedule commitments from the test solution quotes
· Assigned to implement new test technologies/philosophies/first of kind projects.
· Coaches/Mentors junior engineers and technicians on a technical level
· The tasks comprising a test solution development may include, but are not limited to, Design For Test (DFT), design, assembly, debug, validation, deployment, and emergency support of electrical hardware, mechanical hardware, optical hardware and software.
· Electrical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
o GPIB, USB and RS-232 controlled equipment
o PXI and LXI based test equipment
o Design of custom circuitry implemented in custom circuit boards and cables
o FPGA/Microcontroller firmware Design, Passive Active filtering, High speed circuitry, RF
· Mechanical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
o Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) chamber racks
o Bench-test setups
o 19” equipment racks
o Custom automated high-throughput fixtures with probe fields, and top, bottom, and side mounted pneumatically actuated modules.
· Software and compilers typically includes, but is not limited to:
o LabWindows/CVI, LabView and TestStand
o C#, ANSI C and Visual C++
o Visual Basic
o Assembly for Motorola and Intel microcontrollers and microprocessors
o HTML, PERL, ASP and custom scripting languages.
o Software for Agilent 3070, GenRad ICT and other MDA platforms
· Test development sites develop solutions for several test processes including, but not limited to:
o In-Circuit test (ICT) and Manufacturing Defect Analyzer (MDA)
o Boundary Scan/ JTAG
o Board-level functional test
o System test
· The process of developing test solutions includes, but is not limited to:
o Test development (OrCAD, AutoCAD, FabMaster and other software development tools listed above)
o Project tracking (action items, journals, time entry, milestones, and deliverables checklists)
o Test solution design guidelines (global fixture specification, schematic design requirements)
o Design reviews (Initial and post-installation)
o Documentation package templates (test specification, BOM’s, tester validation, etc…)
Development of test solution quotes:
· Development and definition of test strategy for new or challenging products/technologies
· Test solution quotes typically include, but are not limited to:
o Price and schedule commitment
o Hardware, Software and Documentation package description
o Specification of tester validation criteria and required customer deliverables.
· The process of developing test solution quotes includes, but is not limited to:
o Use of the automated quote system and quote tools.
o Completion of quotes on-schedule
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Test Development Manager
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing, guiding and mentoring other employees. Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised:
- Understands Manufacturing Test Strategy and demonstrates proficiency in more than one area of test development.
- Broad knowledge of Test Development areas including structural and functional test, development of Manufacturing Test Specifications and Design For Test Analysis.
- Extensive amount of hands-on practical knowledge in a test development environment.
- Strong appreciation and understanding of relevant industry standards and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide innovative manufacturing test solutions.
- Recognized ability to write, create presentations, speak, and to effectively represent Test Development to other Jabil groups, external customers, and technology peer groups in the industry.
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge in deployable test technologies as a continuous improvement of core competency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree required in an engineering discipline from a college or university related to a technology field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a test development environment
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.