Drive continuous improvement and operational excellence through the development and implementation of Quality Assurance processes, systems, tools and techniques. Provide exceptional leadership and support to customers, team members, and shareholders. Act as a change agent for the Quality Organization and demonstrate high emotional intelligence and self-awareness as a member of the Site Quality Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention
· Recruit, interview, and hire for the Quality Assurance Organization, consisting of QA Supervisors and QA Inspectors (Test & Inspection, Sterile Release, and DHR Release).
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for screening and sourcing of candidates.
· Coach direct reports (Supervisory Staff) throughout the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member performance and turnover; identify key attributes that can be improved; lead and drive team improvements.
Employee and Team Development
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Quality Assurance staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Quality Assurance function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives to determine individual and team results (e.g. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing stakeholder feedback from cross-functional leadership (e.g. Workcell Manager, Operations Manager, Engineering Manager, etc) and peers regarding team member performance and contributions to Workcell. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and provide on-going feedback in a timely manner.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises & adversity.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Actively engage in daily/weekly forums for the exchange of ideas and information with the Site Quality Department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Foster and encourage input from direct reports and staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction
· Know and understand the Site’s strategic direction.
· Define, develop and implement a Quality strategy which contributes to the Site strategic direction.
· Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Quality.
· Provide regular updates to Site Leadership Team (SLT) on the execution of the strategy
Cost Management & VIP
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to SLT and management peers on Cost of Quality and trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy
· Prepare timely financial forecasts for the department (headcount, OT, etc).
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the Workcells.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Understand and drive adherence to applicable Global regulatory standards (i.e. ISO13485, FDA 21 CFR Part 820, ANVISA, etc)
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• B.S. degree in life science or engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
• CQE (Quality Engineer Certification), CQA (Quality Auditor Certification), CQM (Quality Manage Certification), Certified ISO (International Organization for Standardization) auditor desired.
• Minimum 5 years in quality management preferred
• Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry preferred
The anticipated pay range for this role is $81,517 - $118,014 - $154,621. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.