The Human Resources Shared Services Generalist acts as the first point of contact responsible for the accurate resolution of employee and manager inquiries that are submitted via phone, email, portal, or other access channels and maintains positive & professional communications with employees/managers. Consults with various levels of employees on numerous HR related issues (e.g. time accruals, hours worked, HR system access, benefits, compensation, compliance, LOA, etc.). Provides exceptional support services with a high degree of customer satisfaction, expertise, and timeliness. This includes evaluating the issue, quickly interpreting the situation, determining the appropriate resolution, inputting accurate transactions, and communicating the resolution to the employee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acquire and maintain substantial knowledge concerning Human Resources policies, programs, and procedures that supports first call resolution.
- Using established protocols, handles incoming requests from various levels of employees to quickly assess and resolve HR related issues in an empathetic, professional and timely manner.
- Works with various departments to stay up to date on all policies, programs, and procedures. Integrates effectively with team members; seeking input/assistance as needed.
- Strives to gather and share evidence and facts to allow for transparent knowledge transfer and effective overall capability of HR.
- Utilize depth of knowledge and develop a comprehensive understanding of Americas HR Shared Services operations, processes, and systems to ensure timely and correct responses to customers’ inquiries, complaints and requests.
- Listen and ask appropriate follow up questions to collect necessary information to identify underlying issues or related requests and provide accurate answers.
- Identify, research and work cross-functionally on queries from customers in a timely manner; working on more than one matter simultaneously and prioritizing urgency of requests.
- Perform timely and accurate transactions that impact multiple systems including Workday, Attendance System, Benefit Systems, Kronos, and other databases.
- Review and follow up on discrepancies to ensure accuracy
- Provide accurate and consistent recordkeeping and maintenance of HR Shared Services records.
- Complete special HR Shared Services projects as needed.
- Provide HR program/project support.
- Ability to handle and maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to employee or company data and proprietary information.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: TBD
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised: TBD
- Prior Workday and ServiceNow application experience is a plus
- Human Resources Management Certificate or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Prior call center experience is a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. Or high school diploma with equivalent
- Zero to One (0-1) years of experience in HR Specialist or similar role
- Fundamental knowledge of HR practices including employment law, compensation, hiring, performance management, coaching, and employee relations across the Americas Region (US and Mexico).
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers
- Ability to provide high quality, timely, professional, and positive customer service
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Excellent verbal and written English and Spanish communication skills
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.