Responsible for carrying out tax compliance/accounting projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the timely and accurate preparation of federal and state income tax returns and other specified tax returns
- Participate in the timely and accurate preparation of income tax provision calculations under ASC 740
- Improve processes by identifying efficiencies in preparation and information gathering procedures
- Perform tax research for tax return items and special projects
- Ensure that work product is timely, self-reviewed, and meets the needs of the end user
- Seek ways to identify tax savings opportunities and work with others, where applicable, to implement those strategies approved by Jabil management
- Must be analytical and knowledgeable in accounting procedures and practices and be capable of working independently with general supervision from the Senior Tax Associate/Tax Manager
- Collaborate with tax and other departments on cross-functional projects
- Effectively manage time and projects
- Keep up to date on changes in tax law and related guidance through tax update webcasts and technical reading
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in analytical tasks and research
- Working knowledge of tax technical rules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to become proficient in accounting and tax return software
- Working knowledge in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Taxation. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Has 2+ years of experience or equivalent combination of higher-level education and experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.