Responsible for the management and execution of all the quarterly quoting activities based on RFQ checklist and quarterly pricing process which includes maintenance and tracking of pricing and the terms and conditions. In addition, support all analysis pertaining to quoting activity as at when required. To provide training as well as support the members of the department to efficiently use all the business systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintain supply base for use in Global Quoting activities.
· Maintain a list of suppliers and the commodities they provide products for in the quoting system.
· Provide feedback to/and receives input from Commodity Quotes Manager (CQM), Global Commodity Manager (GCM), and Sectors and potential new suppliers to be included in quoting process.
· Support all quoting, price analysis, and sourcing activities for GCM commodities and quoting activities for the Sectors parts where applicable.
· Drive and attend quote kick-off meetings for all quotes.
· Maintain knowledge of what information is required to obtain accurate quotes from the supply base and ensures that the required information is available.
· Prepare quote packages and solicits quotes from the supply base.
· Analyze for completeness and accuracy in quote responses.
· Maintain records of which suppliers are consistent in providing quotes and related information.
· Establish methods for analyzing the pricing received and price scrub to get the correct pricing from Supply base.
· Work with supply base for best possible pricing, lead-time, terms and conditions.
· Review quotes with GCM and CQM when required to ensure that the suppliers selected are consistent with any relationship/partnership the company attempt to establish.
· Maintain log of quoting performance in terms of cycle time to administer quote and results of quote activities.
· If required, available for special assignments or projects requiring someone with thorough knowledge of the systems, processes and procedures used by the Global Commodity Management team.
· Provide assistance in the performance of various routine commodity management assignments.
· Exercise working knowledge of materials and sources of supply to ensure effective sourcing of parts for Global Commodity Manager.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· Develop supply base for use in Global quoting activities.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Sourcing Application: Retrieves data to help sourcing and facilitates data integrity through Exception Reporting.
· JIS Purchasing and Materials Management Modules: Retrieves data on Jabil materials including the purchase prices, purchase volume, and alternate source data.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.