The Software Test Engineer III delivers integrated hardware/software solutions to Jabil’s customers including automated production test platforms and embedded designs The development of Windows and web applications are created to support a wide range of customer/manufacturing requirements.
The Software Test Engineer III is a self-motivated engineer who is capable of building and maintaining software applications that support Jabil’s diverse requirements This role will become part of a highly skilled development organization with a focus on the delivery of high reliability, integrated hardware/software solutions designed to improve Jabil’s internal and external manufacturing processes while enhancing the user experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design, develop, and troubleshoot complex software applications (C# and .NET).
· Design, develop, and troubleshoot enterprise web applications.
· Design, develop, and troubleshoot test scripts.
· Assist the Project Manager by providing information that will aid in the software development quoting process.
· Communicate with team members to clarify design requirements and overcome obstacles in order to meet organizational goals.
· Participate in regular project reviews with the Principal Software Test Engineer, Project Manager and key project stakeholders.
· Troubleshoot and provide bug fixes for production released software.
· Provide a complete data package to the Project Manager consisting of project requirements, design documentation, source code and executables.
· Act as a mentor to other Software Engineers and ensure software design best practices are being followed.
· Stay abreast of the latest software technologies and design techniques in order to provide solutions that are leading edge, competitive and cost effective.
· Provide input to identify and mitigate technical project risks.
· Participate in regular code reviews with fellow Software Test Engineers as well as Principal Software Test Engineers.
· Use software versioning and revision control system (such as Subversion) to maintain current and historical versions of all code projects.
· Collaborate with the IT team to complete projects.
· Follow department processes and procedures.
· Comply with company security and safety policies.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge and demonstrated ability to handle all stages of SDLC.
· Knowledge and strong experience with TCP/IP networking.
· Working technical knowledge in database design, administration and development.
· Regularly design and develop solutions that are high-performing and extendable on an enterprise level.
· Consistent demonstration of software design best practices including iterative development, managing requirements, making use of component-based (modular) architecture, peer reviews, functionality and performance testing, etc.
· Experience developing complex Microsoft SQL Server transacts queries including stored procedures, functions, triggers and views.
· Experience developing scripts in JabilTest, LabVIEW, LabWindows, Tcl, Perl, Python, or UNIX shell.
· Experience developing Windows applications in C# and .NET technologies.
· Experience developing web applications using a combination of technologies including Python, C#, jQuery, AJAX, XML, JSON and HTML.
· Familiarity with third party APIs and re-use of existing technologies.
· Experience developing multi-threaded applications, managing task priorities, and various methods of inter-task communications (e.g. event flags, mailboxes, message queues, binary and counting semaphores, etc.).
· Experience developing applications in which the use of critical sections/regions is necessary as well as methods to protect and avoid critical regions.
· Experience bringing up embedded designs working with the Hardware Designer, and methods that can be used to do this efficiently and minimize risks.
· Experience with embedded systems/interfaces including GPIO, asynchronous serial, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, USB, IDE/SATA, PCI, etc.
· Experience using software versioning and revision control systems and ability to recommend improvements in these systems.
· Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· High level of motivation to learn new software technologies that will enhance job performance.
· Experience installing, configuring and managing servers including installation/configuration of the OS, RAID Array, IIS (Internet Information Services), performing database backups, system audits, managing user accounts and security, as well as analyzing logs and identifying/troubleshooting potential system issues.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.