The Lead Engineering Services Tech assists Engineering Services Associates in Schematic development and component selections. This role is responsible for the prototyping and independent debugging of circuits as assigned by the Engineering Services Manager. In addition, the Lead Engineering Service Tech provides diagnostic support to the manufacturing work-cells when assigned, and supporting JTS NPI efforts when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in product development through building and debugging prototype units, providing feedback to the Engineering Services Associates.
· Design, build, debug, and/or operate unique fixtures or apparatus to aid in the debugging and/or validation of designs.
· Aid the engineers in component selection, component evaluation, and schematic entry.
· Able to work independently to debug software or hardware by thoroughly testing for all possible input and output conditions to verify functionality.
· Able to assist in the development of project documentation.
· Able to record results and test hardware per a Level One test plan.
· Record all ideas, sketches, and pertinent conversations in a Engineering Services approved Log Book.
· Perform as a team member, voicing new ideas and improvements for the Design Engineering Lab.
· Demonstrate the ability to multitask work assignments.
· Provide support to the Engineering Services Department through participation in the continuous improvement effort and promotion of a “Quality First” attitude.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.