Direct, coordinate, and review all activities of the QC & OBA Inspectors to ensure the needs of internal and external Customers are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire quality control (QC), out of box audit (OBA) resources.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for QC, OBA position candidates.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Managers, Quality Engineers, Workcell managers, peers and team members on team member’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create appropriate QC, OBA shift coverage schedules to ensure best utilization of resources while keeping the employees’ best interest in mind.
· Participate in On Time Delivery (OTD) Meetings per current Jabil structure.
· Train and evaluate various customer requirements to make QC, OBA effective and efficient.
· Provide appropriate training to the OBA personnel based on the industry specifications and standards as well as customer specifications to ensure OBA is truly the eyes of the external customer.
· Provide appropriate training to the QC personnel based on the industry specifications and standards as well as customer specifications to ensure they are effective at minimizing escapes to the customer.
· Be able to backfill the role of a QC inspector or OBA auditor if and when the need arises.
· Run OMI, DPM and other quality reports and analyze the data to understand the gaps in Jabil process in meeting customer requirements.
· Monitor Jabil process health by performing periodic process audits with the help of the OBA auditors.
· Coordinate 5S audits with the OBA staff.
· Periodic personnel performance review and composition.
· Departmental work output monitoring.
· Provide support in the field of inspection questions and problems.
· Project a positive attitude and promote total involvement of all personnel in their daily duties.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
High School Diploma; and five to eight years experience in manufacturing. At least three year experience in a supervisory role preferred. Experience in understanding of Agile, MES, SAP, JOS and other Jabil systems. Training in IPC-A-610, J-STD-001 and other relevant industry standards and specifications. Must qualify as a “US Person” due to ITAR Requirements. US Citizenship may be required based on the business needs.
Job Qualifications KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Read and understand broad range of documents: mechanical drawings (GD&T standard), technical specifications, production traveler, testing forms and data.
• Fill out forms and other documents to record data and show completion of work.
• Experience working in ISO 9000, ISO 13485, ISO16949, or AS9100 systems is desired.
• Wear PPE and lab coat to protect self and material under review.
• Move parts to workstation and holding area as necessary. Infrequently, operate pallet jack and material handling tools. Can lift minimum of 35lbs
• Make intricate visual inspection of complex pre-ship and / or finished production components and assemblies to ensure compliance with customer quality standards.
• Select adequate inspection tools (caliper, micrometer, pin gauges, radius gagues, surface profilometer, optical comparator, vision system, etc.), ensure proper functionality, use correct methods to complete inspection, and document results.
• Run a CMM program (Calypso, PC-DMIS, GEOMeasure, MCOSMOS, etc.) and participate in program review efforts with CMM programmers.
• Perform inspection of various types: set-up piece, first article, supplier incoming, final outgoing.
• Read and execute sampling plans from existing tables to select sample size for inspection.
• Apply knowledge of mechanical machining principles and interpretation of customer or Jabil standards in determining pass / fail of inspected part or assembly.
• Participate in infrequent internal audits, external audits, and customer visits.
• When possible, voice cause and effect of defects, and refer findings to manufacturing facilitators for correction.
• Review and approve solutions or refer unacceptable response to Quality Supervisor for further action.
• Act as final checkpoint for finished goods prior to being shipped to supplier or customer.
• Train other employees in Quality Control processes and procedures.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
• Prefer 6+ years hands-on experience in a relevant position.
• Experience in semiconductor, medical device, or defense industry is desirable.
• Advance PC skills and experience in applicable software packages: MS Windows, MS Office, network file management.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.