Provide equipment and process support (including machine maintenance) to medical device reprocessing lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform ‘as-required’ preventive maintenance of equipment on assigned line(s).
- Maintain and repair all equipment on assigned line(s).
- Determine when necessary machine repairs are needed and perform out-of-cycle maintenance.
- Perform initial diagnosis equipment on assigned line(s) and execute repairs within skill level. Escalate more complex issues to Manufacturing Engineers and provide assistance as needed to accomplish repairs.
- Assist Production Operators on assigned line(s) by providing ongoing education of operation and failures as needed.
- Collaborate with other technicians as needed.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in achieving optimum process performance by measuring and / or optimizing of performance of equipment, monitoring trends, gathering production feedback.
- Provide recommendations for designing, fabricating and/or modifying necessary tooling, and product design for manufacturability (DFM) improvements.
- Observe machine and determine the necessary steps needed to achieve optimum line efficiency and product quality.
- Monitor defect analysis continuously for tracking and gauging equipment and process performance.
- Provide daily ‘pass-down’ reports to Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer and the other technicians on the following shift.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by manager.
- Comply with all procedures within the company security policy.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s degree preferred plus minimum of two years related experience
- Understanding of electronic circuitry, controllers and data, recorders, temperature, PLC and previous fabrication assembly and test experience
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and interpretation of electrical and hydraulic drawings.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical, and computer systems troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Medical Industry experience with FDA and ISO environment preferred
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.