Oversee production processes and assists Supervisor in establishing production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards. Also assists in obtaining data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered. Helps to minimize excessive material on production floor.
· Assists in the coordination of production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
· Reviews and discusses production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems with production supervisors.
· Assists in the minimization of scrap and materials request order (MRO) usage. Ensures that each workstation has a clean operating area. Assists in the implementation of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve metrics.
· Monitors all production metrics and completes monthly “report card”. Seeks continued improvement in lowering line and plant defects per million (DPM).
· Ensures that line employees read, understand and adhere to appropriate policies and procedures. Ensures proper stocking and availability of operation supplies and equipment.
· Assists in monitoring the SPC system to fix repetitive and recognize problems immediately. Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
· At least 2 years experience.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.