Test Engineer SME II will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site or region. The Test Engineer SME II will adopt as its goal’s profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Project leader & supervisor for site or regionally – direct and implement the standard Test Engineering process and challenging projects that will increase efficiency and decrease test / debug time as well as provide components saving
• Critically evaluate large scale challenges in test procedures, test equipment, work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as, but not limited to, production costs, quality, to determine efficient utilization and effectiveness of testing process and test equiment.
• KPI Metrics monitoring.
• Develop, identify and evaluate test procedures required to perform quality checks
• Lead and critically evaluate cross-functional projects with broad in-depth knowledge of various functions outside of Test Engineering to optimize complex large-scale projects
• Lead as Subject Matter Expert in all global & regional TE structural and functional tests
• Lead as Subject Matter Expert in TE structural and functional tests
• Communicate to all regional teams key TE Engineering metrics
• Clarify and define the standardization SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations
• Support, assist, and advise Business Unit Coordinators and Business Unit Managers, and Site Management on new & actual processes reliability, profitability, and accuracy of new project assumptions
• Lead process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction (NPI)
• Coach, mentor, and train engineers within the Test Engineering team & other functional engineering teams as needed
• Support and/or maintain all lower level Test Engineering essential duties and responsibilities
• Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
• Develop new TE best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global TE teams to optimize existing best practices
• Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to management or leadership. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. Manager, Director, VP
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of Test engineering processes
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Data Science skillsets preferred
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong financial and analytical ability:
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
• Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements
• Understanding of Quality Systems applied to internal manufacturing processes
• Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Degree in Test Engineering or Physics required
• MSEE in Test Engineering or Physics preferred
• Lean Masters Certificate or Six Sigma Silver preferred
• At least 12 years of working experience with 7 years of experience in Test Engineering or Electronics design
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.