Industrial Engineer I will support the Industrial Engineering Department in planning, designing, implementing and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site.
Main focus: conducts studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommends methods for maximum utilization of production equipment and personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the startup of new/existing projects/production jobs, optimizing cost, efficiency and quality.
- Ensure process control and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Monitor the assembly process running in production; troubleshoot problems associated with processes, and assist in resolving quality issues.
- Assist in establishing processes for new product lines; document product development and changes; evaluate new product performance; and monitor new tool design.
- Assist with the debugging of new systems, tooling and automation.
- Assist with performing experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient set-up.
- Assist with coordinating maintenance changes in process improvements; propose or specify repair or alteration of automation, while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and safe work environment; supporting all company safety programs and initiatives.
- Apply and support Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, process mapping, facilities and workstation design, etc.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong analytical ability
o Able to implement continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Good communication skills
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.