The Engineering Services Tech Supervisor is responsible for leading the Engineering Services Tech staff in prototyping and debugging efforts as assigned by the Project Manager Engineering Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide a communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers (Engineering Services Department) on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Continuously monitor calibration and repair of test equipment used in Design Engineering Lab.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Organize Design Lab workload according to project and personnel capabilities.
· Build and debug designs providing feedback to the Sr. Project Mgr Engineerig Services to assist in product development.
· Build, debug, and operate any unique fixtures or apparatus to aid in the debug or validation of designs.
· May be required to design the fixture(s) to aid in the timely design of products.
· Aid the Engineers in component selection, component evaluation, and schematic entry.
· Aid in the debug of software by thoroughly testing for all possible input and output conditions to verify function
· Record all ideas, sketches, and pertinent conversations in their Engineering Services approved Log Book.
· Provide support to the Engineering Services Department through participation in the continuous improvement effort and promotion of a “Quality First” attitude.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associate’s degree in electronics or electrical engineering required.
· Eight (8) years experience in technician role.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.