Provides direct product classification and global trade regulatory compliance support, as both an individual contributor and as a member of a global team, to business unit managers for a wide variety of electronic systems, products, assemblies and services worldwide. The individual will be required to work within corporate policies and procedures as well as complying with U.S. Departments of State and Commerce regulations, other U.S. Government agencies regulations as well as complying with other countries trade policies and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists and supports the preparation, submittal and reporting on the status of license applications, binding rulings, BTIs, CCATs, Commodity Jurisdictions and other related communications and notifications.
· Assists and supports the Trade Compliance team with performing trade compliance audits, reporting, and other related regulatory trade compliance responsibilities.
· Assists and supports Deemed Export screening and system generated sanctioned party list report review, resolution or escalation of screening matches.
· Assists and supports multi-national classification, tax and duty implications as well as providing pre-shipment, and customs clearance support.
· Under direct supervision from Trade Compliance Manager, assigns and enters HTS-US, ECCNs, and other import/export data items directly into SAP or off-line into an MS Excel database.
· Manages, sorts, partitions, extracts or adds import/export data items using SAP or MS Excel spreadsheet tools.
· Researches part and product technical characteristics using SAP tools, customer or vendor websites, general WWW searches, and other database searches to support import/export classifications.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Working knowledge of the U.S. Customs Regulations, Export Administration Regulations, Harmonized Tariff Schedule, and the Commerce Control List essential.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree or technical degree required.
· 1 – 3 years work-related experience required in import and export product classification.
· Engineering experience desirable
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.