Responsible for the Engineering Process and the application of those processes in the production environment. Ensures that the manufacturing process complies with its specifications and that the product meets material qualifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducts assignments encompassing complete projects or portions of major projects.
• Determines methods and techniques to be used or adapts standard methods to meet variations.
• Responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership for daily manufacturing operations and ensuring established metrics (Production, Quality, Scrap and Cycle Time) are met.
• Utilizes Process Excellence methodology and analytical problem-solving tools to identify and implement improvement projects geared to reduce cost, eliminate scrap, improve quality and minimize cycle time.
• Establishes specific manufacturing capability technology to support transfers and new product introduction.
• Provides specific technical expertise to support special projects, pilot operations, product and process improvements, risk management actions and also provides input to develop capital expense forecast and equipment/spare parts budgets to support business needs.
• Identifies and develops corrective action plans to improve instruments reliability in the field.
• Provides support to product inquiry investigations.
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area.
• Supports supplier evaluations for major services/products as needed.
• Compliance with safety policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with Environmental Management System (EMS) responsibilities.
• Follow J&J and EES Records Management Policies for Convenience Information, Records Retention Schedules, Training and Education, Document Hold Notices, Records Cleanout, Inactive Records and Information Management, Vital Records and third party vendor if applicable.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Provides and implements robust corrective actions to quality, safety and ergonomic risk detected in the manufacturing area.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Production Supervisor, Production Manager.
• Job is not directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Manufacturing experience in precision metal manufacturing with titanium and stainless steel.
• GMP/ ISO knowledge preferred.
• Knowledge of product and process design and development, materials, standardization science, and applied statistics.
• Knowledge of project management and cost analysis preferred.
• Design experience using CAD and a PLM system, preferably CREO and Windchill.
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet analysis, data management, projects management, presentation graphics, engineering analysis, and statistical software.
• Knowledge of information systems including but not limited to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Quality Systems & Documentation Control Systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• B.S. Engineering degree or M.S. Engineering degree.
• Three to five years experience in a manufacturing environment and/ or medical device industry preferred.
• Advance technical training in area(s) of expertise preferred.
• Generally requires (2-4) years related experience.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $52,888 - $76,600 - $100,422. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.